Iowa 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
crystalhawkeye

Silver

Re: Iowa 2012

Post by crystalhawkeye » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:03 pm

While I wondered why we had to read the MBE stuff (yes, from the supplementary stuff), Prof. Bauer explained to our class that it was because that is often how MC questions are in LS. Especially from Prof. Kurtz who often uses MC. And who also writes questions for the MBE. That was a jaw-drop moment.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:44 pm

First full day of real classes.

Bohannon seems awesome and Smith has an amazingly cool accent.

Discuss your experiences.

lkw713

New

Post by lkw713 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 pm

Last edited by lkw713 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:22 pm

lkw713 wrote:I agree; Bohannon is very cool. I'm also a big fan of Kurtz--yes, he puts people on the spot, but everyone's having fun, so it's okay. Burton knows his stuff but is dry. And looks for pretty specific answers.
She gets sick early in the semester too.

crystalhawkeye

Silver

Post by crystalhawkeye » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 pm

Jury duty was fun. And I learned a new law term - demonstrative evidence. That's a fun word. De-mon-stra-tive... bahaha...

god dammit I need good sleep...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Brick Tamland

New

Post by Brick Tamland » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:09 pm

crystalhawkeye wrote:Jury duty was fun. And I learned a new law term - demonstrative evidence. That's a fun word. De-mon-stra-tive... bahaha...

What...?

People, law school isn't that tough yet. Stop freaking out already, they'll be plenty of time for that later.

theghostofDrewTate

New

Post by theghostofDrewTate » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:57 pm

Law school? Football kicks off in a few days. I'll be there and I have mortgaged my life to a big law firm, so every one of you guys better be there, too. Make the most out of these three years. Who knows, maybe you'll share a beer bong with a future client on Saturday morning. Prioritize.

NorseHawk

New

Post by NorseHawk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:04 am

theghostofDrewTate wrote:Law school? Football kicks off in a few days. I'll be there and I have mortgaged my life to a big law firm, so every one of you guys better be there, too. Make the most out of these three years. Who knows, maybe you'll share a beer bong with a future client on Saturday morning. Prioritize.
This dude knows what's up.

Brick Tamland

New

Post by Brick Tamland » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:23 pm

NorseHawk wrote:This dude knows what's up.
You wrote that in class! I caught you! It's okay though, Hovenkamp can trail off at times...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:14 pm

Brick Tamland wrote:
crystalhawkeye wrote:Jury duty was fun. And I learned a new law term - demonstrative evidence. That's a fun word. De-mon-stra-tive... bahaha...

What...?

People, law school isn't that tough yet. Stop freaking out already, they'll be plenty of time for that later.
Brick, don't be that gunner who talks all the time about how much extra time he has or that the material is easy.

Brick Tamland

New

Post by Brick Tamland » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:33 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:

What...?

Brick, don't be that gunner who talks all the time about how much extra time he has or that the material is easy.
Wait... now I'm a gunner because I'm not freaking out and studying in the library at all times of the day?? Anyone who DOESN'T have extra time is the gunner... that means you are going WAY above and beyond at this point in time.

Don't be dumb Mikey.

NorseHawk

New

Post by NorseHawk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Brick Tamland wrote:
You wrote that in class! I caught you! It's okay though, Hovenkamp can trail off at times...
Stalker.

But, no, I didn't. I don't have class with Hovenkamp, and I never take my laptop to class.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Brick Tamland wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:What...?

Wait... now I'm a gunner because I'm not freaking out and studying in the library at all times of the day?? Anyone who DOESN'T have extra time is the gunner... that means you are going WAY above and beyond at this point in time.

Don't be dumb Mikey.
No Brick, you're a gunner because you're telling people about your extra time. Just don't try to psyche out your classmates and everything will be fine.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Brick Tamland

New

Post by Brick Tamland » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:33 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:No Brick, you're a gunner because you're telling people about your extra time. Just don't try to psyche out your classmates and everything will be fine.
I NEVER said I had "extra time." I said people need to stop freaking out. You'll make a terrible lawyer making up facts like that.
Stop freaking out already, they'll be plenty of time for that later.

Brick Tamland

New

Post by Brick Tamland » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:37 pm

NorseHawk wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:
Stalker.

But, no, I didn't. I don't have class with Hovenkamp, and I never take my laptop to class.
Haha... shoot! I was just playing the odds.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Brick Tamland wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:No Brick, you're a gunner because you're telling people about your extra time. Just don't try to psyche out your classmates and everything will be fine.
I NEVER said I had "extra time." I said people need to stop freaking out. You'll make a terrible lawyer making up facts like that.
"People, law school isn't that tough yet. Stop freaking out already, they'll be plenty of time for that later."
You left out the most important part of the quote. You might want to focus on relevant facts. But you are right that you did not say you had extra time.

NorseHawk

New

Post by NorseHawk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:58 pm

This is the dumbest argument, both of you shut up. Let's talk about football again. It's starting soon. It's going to be awesome, even if we are starting a walk-on running back. It is significantly more important that slapfights about who is or is not a gunner.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:03 pm

NorseHawk wrote:This is the dumbest argument, both of you shut up. Let's talk about football again. It's starting soon. It's going to be awesome, even if we are starting a walk-on running back. It is significantly more important that slapfights about who is or is not a gunner.
Good point.

How are the cheerleaders looking this year?

Brick Tamland

New

Post by Brick Tamland » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:07 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:
"People, law school isn't that tough yet. Stop freaking out already, they'll be plenty of time for that later."
You left out the most important part of the quote. You might want to focus on relevant facts. But you are right that you did not say you had extra time.
How is that part important?? It is irrelevant...

IpunchedCharlieRose

New

Post by IpunchedCharlieRose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:08 pm

UNI though? Can the Hawkeyes spot them some points to at least try to make it interesting?

scott82

Bronze

Post by scott82 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:13 pm

IpunchedCharlieRose wrote:UNI though? Can the Hawkeyes spot them some points to at least try to make it interesting?
Hey, they were 12-3 last year. Probably have a better shot at beating us than ISU.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NorseHawk

New

Post by NorseHawk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:47 pm

scott82 wrote:
IpunchedCharlieRose wrote:UNI though? Can the Hawkeyes spot them some points to at least try to make it interesting?
Hey, they were 12-3 last year. Probably have a better shot at beating us than ISU.
You clearly have not been paying attention to the Iowa/ISU rivalry for the last 10 years.

UNI is a great I-AA team, but if we don't completely blow them out there's something wrong. Still, it's the first game of the year, and an excuse to start drinking at 6 in the morning or so.

theghostofDrewTate

New

Post by theghostofDrewTate » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:55 pm

NorseHawk wrote:This is the dumbest argument, both of you shut up. Let's talk about football again. It's starting soon. It's going to be awesome, even if we are starting a walk-on running back. It is significantly more important that slapfights about who is or is not a gunner.
If Paki O'Meara is the best RB on this team, they better pray that the O-line is really, really, really good or it will be a long year.

Speaking of slapfights, if I was there, I would throw down a slap on everyone who is freaking out. It doesn't get real intense until Thanksgiving, at which point you could cut the tension with a knife. So many people were on the cusp of snapping, it was pretty awesome. The last Iowa game is the week before T-giving, after that game, buckle down and dominate with the time remaining before finals. And don't sweat it, unless the economy has a major turnaround or there is suddenly a mass exodus of lawyers out of the profession, there won't be any jobs at next year's OCI anyway, thus your class rank will be irrelevant. It's better you hear that from me now rather than someone in the Career Services Office in 11 months.

NorseHawk

New

Post by NorseHawk » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:55 am

theghostofDrewTate wrote:
If Paki O'Meara is the best RB on this team, they better pray that the O-line is really, really, really good or it will be a long year.
Gonna ignore the depressing shit and focus on FOOTBALL WHOOOOOOP

He's not the best RB on the team. The best running back on the team doesn't have a working ACL at the moment, and his backup has a gimpy ankle. Thus, THE PAKIBOMB is exploding all up in everyone's faces for a few games.

Please be good, Brandon Wegher :(

sccjnthn

New

Post by sccjnthn » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:34 pm

I am thinking about applying to Iowa for 2013. Did any out of state students have luck with scholarships?
I really like Iowa but can't justify the price without significant $.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”