The Ohio State University 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
randomwit

New

Re: The Ohio State University 2012

Post by randomwit » Tue May 26, 2009 4:30 pm

opj2002 wrote:I just joined the one that's bigger and left the small one. Figured that was the best way to "merge"

^^^ Classic, lol.....
Last edited by randomwit on Tue May 26, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JaneB

New

Post by JaneB » Tue May 26, 2009 8:24 pm

twalamanana wrote:i'm getting excited for osu and to meet everyone!

if anyone's interested in getting a two bedroom in the south campus gateway send me a pm and we can chat- i'm in need of a roommate! (i'm female, just graduated undergrad, pumped for columbus.)

Hey there! I am also a female, just graduated undergrad, and looking for housing currently! I was thinking about living by myself, but after seeing how expensive all of the places near the law school are I am now thinking about a roommate! I am currently in Columbus and have been looking at several places. I looked at the South Campus Gateway (it is nice but I think a bit over-priced!), and I just looked at the Meridian today which I thought was really nice as well.

I am definitely excited to meet everyone and I wish we could somehow get everyone together before all the stresses of law school begin! Let me know if you are still looking for a roommate!

twalamanana

New

Post by twalamanana » Tue May 26, 2009 9:31 pm

JaneB wrote:
twalamanana wrote:i'm getting excited for osu and to meet everyone!

if anyone's interested in getting a two bedroom in the south campus gateway send me a pm and we can chat- i'm in need of a roommate! (i'm female, just graduated undergrad, pumped for columbus.)

Hey there! I am also a female, just graduated undergrad, and looking for housing currently! I was thinking about living by myself, but after seeing how expensive all of the places near the law school are I am now thinking about a roommate! I am currently in Columbus and have been looking at several places. I looked at the South Campus Gateway (it is nice but I think a bit over-priced!), and I just looked at the Meridian today which I thought was really nice as well.

I am definitely excited to meet everyone and I wish we could somehow get everyone together before all the stresses of law school begin! Let me know if you are still looking for a roommate!
hi JaneB! I am still looking for a roommate and I just personal messaged you :)

tommy1

New

Post by tommy1 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:49 am

Hey
does anyone who live or lived or been to Columbus near the campus know what the neighborhood near Kroger market is like?
I am looking for places to live near there but I read somewhere the neighborhood there is a bit sketchy....

THANKS

opj2002

New

Post by opj2002 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:00 am

Y'all should wait until after they return the housing response forms. I've started looking at various neighborhoods but will wait until then to get more serious about it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

buckeyefan3

New

Post by buckeyefan3 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:25 am

tommy1 wrote:Hey
does anyone who live or lived or been to Columbus near the campus know what the neighborhood near Kroger market is like?
I am looking for places to live near there but I read somewhere the neighborhood there is a bit sketchy....

THANKS

Yes...sketchy as hell. Don't live right by there. Either go farther south (closer to downtown) and live in the short north/victorian village or go closer to campus. Trust me.

opj2002

New

Post by opj2002 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:54 am

buckeyefan3 wrote: Yes...sketchy as hell. Don't live right by there. Either go farther south (closer to downtown) and live in the short north/victorian village or go closer to campus. Trust me.
Definitely looking to be in that area myself as well.

randomwit

New

Post by randomwit » Wed May 27, 2009 10:13 am

I sent my roommate form in...so now we relax and wait for them to send the responses back to us, cool.

So did anyone hear about the school changing the way they did semesters? I always thought there was only one way to do it, Fall (August to December), Spring (January to May) and Summer (May to August)???? It would be nice if they thought fall was from August until October, and we had all of November and December for winter break lol

tommy1

New

Post by tommy1 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:48 am

buckeyefan3 wrote:
tommy1 wrote:Hey

THANKS

Yes...sketchy as hell. Don't live right by there. Either go farther south (closer to downtown) and live in the short north/victorian village or go closer to campus. Trust me.

Why is it so sketchy?
i saw whats around it and it looks pretty nice. And the tenant said its a nice neighborhood.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

buckeyefan3

New

Post by buckeyefan3 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:28 am

Are you talking about the Kroger that's on High and 7th? That place has a ton of crime, a lot of low-income housing (not necessarily bad), a lot of boarded up houses, rough place. Go 6 blocks south or 6 blocks north and you're fine.

Cole S. Law

Bronze

Post by Cole S. Law » Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 am

buckeyefan3 wrote:Are you talking about the Kroger that's on High and 7th? That place has a ton of crime, a lot of low-income housing (not necessarily bad), a lot of boarded up houses, rough place. Go 6 blocks south or 6 blocks north and you're fine.
Let's not kid ourselves, low-income housing is bad 99% of the time. Some decent people live there, but so do all the crackheads, pimps, sexual predators, parolled convicts, and every other low-life that anyone with means would move away from. Being poor doesn't make you bad, but you will most likely have to live next to some really undesirable people. I've lived in enough trailer parks to know.

osu09

New

Post by osu09 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:05 pm

It totally depends. I live on Smith Place which is 3 blocks south of 7th and it is a nice street. Clark Place which is one block north is fairly sketchy. Once you move away from High Street it also gets much better. The worst parts I would say are 11th (edge of campus) to Clark Place are sketchy on High St. South east of campus is definitely sketchy until 5th. For the most part if you can possibly visit and walk around you can figure out how much sketchiness you can handle, you should.

opj2002

New

Post by opj2002 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:15 am

Well I just tried, and failed miserably, to get football tickets. Doesn't help that I went at 10am CST rather than EST....

ugh.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dholyghozt

New

Post by dholyghozt » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:59 pm

wow didn't think they'd actually sell out...got mine at 10am EST thank god i didn't get lazy and wait

opj2002

New

Post by opj2002 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Oh, I figured it out.

Had to change the $165 student price to $155 and then some tickets were available. Thank goodness!

twalamanana

New

Post by twalamanana » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:36 am

i just now bought tickets! looking forward to some fun times :)

randomwit

New

Post by randomwit » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm

I just bought tickets!!! I guess it is safe to say that they are still available as of this posting.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

aph

New

Post by aph » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Last edited by aph on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randomwit

New

Post by randomwit » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:33 pm

I would like to share an apt with someone at the Gateway. If anyone is interested please PM me.

The rate is $15xx for a two bedroom, so the rent would be about a little bit over $750 for each of us. The apartment will have basic cable, local phone service and high speed internet included.

I am male, 21, coming from FL. I will room with a female or male, but I prefer male.

lanvengrey

New

Post by lanvengrey » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:22 pm

Does anyone here know anything about Ohio State's on campus housing for graduate/law students? I sort of like the convenience of this especially if I'm coming from out of state. :)

lucyinthesky

New

Post by lucyinthesky » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:19 pm

I'm also OOS, so I'm not very familiar with the area yet... But at the ASW, they did not speak particularly highly of the on-campus housing for grad students (not the best living quality and not a particularly good value, compared to other options). For convenience, South Campus Gateway is your best bet. I think it's closer to the law school than the on-campus housing options. And from what I saw on a tour, living arrangements are very nice. It is a tad pricey, though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

opj2002

New

Post by opj2002 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Also OOS here....

I'm waiting for the housing response forms to be sent out before I get too serious. I think they said it'd be this Monday.

But I have to say, those places that are 500-700 a month per person are losing more and more appeal each time I see options in the 300-450 range (couple people posted on facebook looking for roommates, etc)

lanvengrey

New

Post by lanvengrey » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:53 pm

lucyinthesky wrote:I'm also OOS, so I'm not very familiar with the area yet... But at the ASW, they did not speak particularly highly of the on-campus housing for grad students (not the best living quality and not a particularly good value, compared to other options). For convenience, South Campus Gateway is your best bet. I think it's closer to the law school than the on-campus housing options. And from what I saw on a tour, living arrangements are very nice. It is a tad pricey, though.
opj2002 wrote:Also OOS here....

I'm waiting for the housing response forms to be sent out before I get too serious. I think they said it'd be this Monday.

But I have to say, those places that are 500-700 a month per person are losing more and more appeal each time I see options in the 300-450 range (couple people posted on facebook looking for roommates, etc)
Thank you thank you! Where are you guys coming from? Also what percentage of OSU law students are from out of state? I obviously did not make it to ASW...

randomwit

New

Post by randomwit » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:21 pm

OOS here, coming from South FL.

opj2002

New

Post by opj2002 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Um, coming directly from Texas.... but did undergrad in SoCal... and grew up in Alaska.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”