Top-Law-Schools.comTLS
Home
Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums
 
Forum Index     Latest Posts     Forum Search     Mobile (on/off)     See Also: Rankings/Profiles   Interviews   LSAT Prep   TLS Stats


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:01 pm
Posts: 346
The weather today was an absolute freakshow. Sunny and very warm/humid in the morning and then I'm taking the redline in and it starts pouring. This is some craaaazy stuff! Honestly though, bring on the cold winter... there is really nothing you can do about warm and humid other than be constantly covered in a thrice caked-over film of your own sweat. Fun stuff :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:24 pm
Posts: 2679
Sometime when you are bored/procrastinating, read over the beginning of this thread back in November. A lot of us (myself included) sound like bleary-eyed schoolgirls who just got tickets to a Jonas Brothers' concert. It's pretty amusing! :)

It seems like so long ago that we started this whole law school process, doesn't it? Can you believe its (almost) finally here?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 2015
iagolives wrote:
Sometime when you are bored/procrastinating, read over the beginning of this thread back in November. A lot of us (myself included) sound like bleary-eyed schoolgirls who just got tickets to a Jonas Brothers' concert. It's pretty amusing! :)

It seems like so long ago that we started this whole law school process, doesn't it? Can you believe its (almost) finally here?


like this quote below?

iagolives wrote:
Oh, the thought of going to an ASW at Harvard.... I'm SOOOO excited!

THe only drawback is I now have NO motivation to do all the hw I need to do over Thanksgiving... ;)


such a green boy then. :-) have fun!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 80
Prof Rubenstein does NOT allow laptops in his civ pro class.... :( :( :(

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:04 am
Posts: 19
crazy_zoologist wrote:
Prof Rubenstein does NOT allow laptops in his civ pro class.... :( :( :(

Image


Think he'd go for "This isn't a laptop; it's a netbook" ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:24 pm
Posts: 2679
joshikousei wrote:
iagolives wrote:
Sometime when you are bored/procrastinating, read over the beginning of this thread back in November. A lot of us (myself included) sound like bleary-eyed schoolgirls who just got tickets to a Jonas Brothers' concert. It's pretty amusing! :)

It seems like so long ago that we started this whole law school process, doesn't it? Can you believe its (almost) finally here?


like this quote below?

iagolives wrote:
Oh, the thought of going to an ASW at Harvard.... I'm SOOOO excited!

THe only drawback is I now have NO motivation to do all the hw I need to do over Thanksgiving... ;)


such a green boy then. :-) have fun!


And I'm not green now? ;)

And I was going to quote you but SOMEONE scrubbed all their old posts! Haven't you heard that turn about is fair play?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am
Posts: 8244
HLS Fantasy Football league is now up on Yahoo.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... gue_select

League ID: 684610
Password: gunners

Join up. Draft is preliminarily scheduled for this Sunday at 9 pm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:28 pm
Posts: 58
crazy_zoologist wrote:
Prof Rubenstein does NOT allow laptops in his civ pro class.... :( :( :(

Image


Seriously? :( :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 80
IowaGirl wrote:
crazy_zoologist wrote:
Prof Rubenstein does NOT allow laptops in his civ pro class.... :( :( :(

Image


Seriously? :( :(


:cry: I checked the course website and found the following information:

Quote:
....blah blah blah...Students may NOT use laptops, cell phones, or other electronic devices during class..... blah blah


No electronic devices?? What about a cardiac pacemaker??


Edited for clarity


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:28 pm
Posts: 58
crazy_zoologist wrote:
IowaGirl wrote:
crazy_zoologist wrote:
Prof Rubenstein does NOT allow laptops in his civ pro class.... :( :( :(

Image


Seriously? :( :(


:cry: I checked the course website and found the following information:

Quote:
....blah blah blah...Students may NOT use laptops, cell phones, or other electronic devices during class..... blah blah


No electronic devices?? What about a cardiac pacemaker??


Edited for clarity


So, kind of like being on an airplane. Totally hearing a flight attendant voice telling me to "turn off and store all portable electronic devices for the duration of the class."

On the upside, it will ensure that I stay off FB and Gchat during class, which isn't a bad thing.


Last edited by IowaGirl on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:48 am
Posts: 338
crazy_zoologist wrote:
IowaGirl wrote:
crazy_zoologist wrote:
Prof Rubenstein does NOT allow laptops in his civ pro class.... :( :( :(

Image


Seriously? :( :(


:cry: I checked the course website and found the following information:

Quote:
....blah blah blah...Students may NOT use laptops, cell phones, or other electronic devices during class..... blah blah


No electronic devices?? What about a cardiac pacemaker??


Edited for clarity


Where is the course website?? I got the email about our first day of class assignment and to check the course website to see it...but I have no idea where the website is. Figuring out a new school's hidden internet stuff is so confusing, I'm not sure how I figured everything out back in undergrad :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am
Posts: 8244
laurathenerd wrote:
crazy_zoologist wrote:
IowaGirl wrote:
crazy_zoologist wrote:
Prof Rubenstein does NOT allow laptops in his civ pro class.... :( :( :(

Image


Seriously? :( :(


:cry: I checked the course website and found the following information:

Quote:
....blah blah blah...Students may NOT use laptops, cell phones, or other electronic devices during class..... blah blah


No electronic devices?? What about a cardiac pacemaker??


Edited for clarity


Where is the course website?? I got the email about our first day of class assignment and to check the course website to see it...but I have no idea where the website is. Figuring out a new school's hidden internet stuff is so confusing, I'm not sure how I figured everything out back in undergrad :)


MyHLS :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:15 pm
Posts: 97
Maybe someone can help me. I'm to airheaded to remember where, but I remember at some point, somewhere on one of the orientation links, it discussing how we could get semester passes to the mta at some discount. Anyone remember where that was, and have a link? Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 pm
Posts: 80
Go_Cardinals wrote:
Maybe someone can help me. I'm to airheaded to remember where, but I remember at some point, somewhere on one of the orientation links, it discussing how we could get semester passes to the mta at some discount. Anyone remember where that was, and have a link? Thanks!


http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/stud ... /mbta.html

perhaps??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 26
Looks like Prof Rakoff for Leg & Reg 7 also does not want laptops.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am
Posts: 8244
Anyone know any bars in Cambridge (Harvard or Porter Square, pref) that might be showing the Steelers game tonight on NFL Network?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am
Posts: 8244
7/12 spots filled - 5 remaining. Draft is preliminarily Tuesday @ 9.

Get in while you can!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 156
Objection wrote:
Anyone know any bars in Cambridge (Harvard or Porter Square, pref) that might be showing the Steelers game tonight on NFL Network?


Common Ground or Sports Depot in Allston (take the 66 bus from Harvard Sq -- 20 min ride, prob) are probably your best bets. I can't think of any place near Harvard Sq that would likely be showing it.
I always went to Jillian's (sports bar near Fenway Park) to watch games, but that's a bit of a hike. Good luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am
Posts: 8244
Someone mentioned Unos or Tavern on the Square?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 156
Hm, that Unos is pretty small, but Tavern in either Central or Porter would probably have it. I would honestly be a nerd and call them to see, but that's just me.

Too bad Ben's probably not going to play at all tonight. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am
Posts: 8244
Unos said they'd have it! Weee!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:26 pm
Posts: 156
Nice! Enjoy...wave your terrible towel in front of some Pats fans for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:01 pm
Posts: 346
obj, you going?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:52 pm
Posts: 137
lawnerd wrote:
There's a UPS store at 1770 Mass Ave. If you call them and let them know in advance that you're having packages sent there, they will accept them and notify you when they arrive. They charge $10/day/package though.


To get this service (over a short period of time) for free just ship something though UPS, say that you require a signature on pick up, and then if you're not there to get the package, call the number they leave and ask to pick up the package yourself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Harvard Class of 2012
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:53 am
Posts: 1251
svrs wrote:
Looks like Prof Rakoff for Leg & Reg 7 also does not want laptops.

More like Jerkoff.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Login     TLS home     TLS forums     TLS wiki     Terms of Service     Privacy Policy     Copyright Policy     Contact     powered by phpBB