Good or Bad Sign? Loyola Los Angeles Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lstoller

New

Good or Bad Sign? Loyola Los Angeles

Post by lstoller » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Wanted to get some feedback on my situation with Loyola Law Los Angeles.

my file went complete 11/30 and I checked my application status today and it notified me that the committee had already reached a decision.

is that good or a bad thing? I applied ED, my lsat was >50% but my GPA was in the 40%

thanks again

ruleser

Silver

Re: Good or Bad Sign? Loyola Los Angeles

Post by ruleser » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:30 pm

Well in this game quick news is usually good news. U r ed, so could be either, but I'd expect good news.

lstoller

New

Post by lstoller » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 pm

so quick news is good news...thats a relief

anyone hear different. i mean a week is barely anything

nrcarrol

New

Post by nrcarrol » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:21 pm

lstoller wrote:Wanted to get some feedback on my situation with Loyola Law Los Angeles.

my file went complete 11/30 and I checked my application status today and it notified me that the committee had already reached a decision.

is that good or a bad thing? I applied ED, my lsat was >50% but my GPA was in the 40%

thanks again
Wow I am extremely jealous! My status has been complete since 11/17.
My lsat is worse than 25% and my gpa is greater than the median, near the 75th percentile. I am also a URM.
Anyway, good luck!

lstoller

New

Post by lstoller » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:27 pm

thanks you too
nrcarrol wrote:
lstoller wrote:Wanted to get some feedback on my situation with Loyola Law Los Angeles.

thanks again
Wow I am extremely jealous! My status has been complete since 11/17.
My lsat is worse than 25% and my gpa is greater than the median, near the 75th percentile. I am also a URM.
Anyway, good luck!
thanks! you too. you haven't heard anything from them? i was surprised they had already came to a decision especially when in previous posts so many people were doubting I was going to be admitted with my stats

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

misformafia

New

Post by misformafia » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:35 pm

I applied last year in January with a 159 3.8 and I was accepted one week after going complete.

ViP

Bronze

Post by ViP » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:08 pm

thanks again
I went on the website to check my status after reading this post.

Same thing.

It says a decision has been made and a decision letter has been mailed to my address.

I went complete on 11/17, but I'm RD, LSAT and GPA above the medians.

... and I think you're definitely in.

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:24 pm

Wow, this is going to be an ugly cycle. Same complete date as above poster, still at complete. Way above 75th LSAT, above 25th GPA.

lstoller

New

Post by lstoller » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:15 pm

ruleser wrote:Wow, this is going to be an ugly cycle. Same complete date as above poster, still at complete. Way above 75th LSAT, above 25th GPA.
do you have any softs? i dont see y the adcomm hasn't come to a decision on your file

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nrcarrol

New

Post by nrcarrol » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:20 pm

I called them today after reading lstoller's post and they said that mine was in review and that they should come to a decision next week.
I also went complete on 11/17 with extensive softs and WE.
So, hopefully the rest of us will hear back next week.

lstoller

New

Post by lstoller » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:57 pm

ITS OFFICIAL

IN AT LOYOLA LOS ANGELES! CLASS OF 2013 BABY! + 50k scholarship over three years (all i have to do is stay in top 30% of class)!!!

ANY ONE ELSE?

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:02 pm

lstoller wrote:
ruleser wrote:Wow, this is going to be an ugly cycle. Same complete date as above poster, still at complete. Way above 75th LSAT, above 25th GPA.
do you have any softs? i dont see y the adcomm hasn't come to a decision on your file
Ton of softs (WE/campaign work/etc.) and great recs. I don't see y either.

ViP

Bronze

Post by ViP » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:50 pm

lstoller wrote:ITS OFFICIAL

IN AT LOYOLA LOS ANGELES! CLASS OF 2013 BABY! + 50k scholarship over three years (all i have to do is stay in top 30% of class)!!!

ANY ONE ELSE?
Also in :D .

More $$$, though.

CONGRATS!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

slowmo2385

New

Post by slowmo2385 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:32 pm

ANY ONE ELSE?

My status checker tells me a decision was reached on Friday and letter was mailed, so I was assuming I would have to wait until sometime during the middle the week for it to arrive. Did you find out in one day via snail mail? I'm guessing by the USC logo you are close by, but that would still be pretty quick. Also, sent to current or permanent address?

EDIT: And congrats, btw

Slansky

Bronze

Post by Slansky » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:11 pm

Congrats! I know you really wanted that one. :) Still no decision on mine, but I'm RD.

Havaianas

Bronze

Post by Havaianas » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:15 pm

Congrats! I would loooove a similar package!

PunjabiLower

Bronze

Post by PunjabiLower » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:13 am

Mark Geragos, the attorney for Scott Peterson, Michael Jackson, and Chris Brown, went to Loyola. He told me that school prestige doesn't matter much if you have the passion and do well. He said he's a big booster for Loyola LA and schools in the LA area in general. Congrats and good luck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:25 am

ANY ONE ELSE?
Top 30% is actually potentially tough to maintain. You may factor that in when comparing schools and making decisions. Oh, and congrats!

lstoller

New

Post by lstoller » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:12 pm

im
blhoward2 wrote:

ANY ONE ELSE?
Top 30% is actually potentially tough to maintain. You may factor that in when comparing schools and making decisions. Oh, and congrats!
you're absolutely correct. im gonna work my ass off. ps i didn't even know this was possible, but i got a letter in the mail notifying me that my scholarship was increased from 50k to 66k! unbelievable

anyone else going to Loyola Law?

bconly

New

Post by bconly » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:21 pm

congrats... if I don't get into USC i'll prob end up at loyola. 166/3.5

iluvwakka

New

Post by iluvwakka » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:14 pm

lstoller wrote:im
blhoward2 wrote:

ANY ONE ELSE?
you're absolutely correct. im gonna work my ass off. ps i didn't even know this was possible, but i got a letter in the mail notifying me that my scholarship was increased from 50k to 66k! unbelievable

anyone else going to Loyola Law?

hi! i got in a few weeks ago so it looks like i'll be seeing you there :mrgreen: congrats on the scholarship!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”