3.55 GPA - Chances? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
saab

New

3.55 GPA - Chances?

Post by saab » Fri May 31, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi all, I graduated a couple of years ago from HYP with a 3.55 GPA (there are some extenuating circumstances here on the GPA front). I was wondering what my chances are at T-14 law schools. I haven't taken the LSAT yet, but I've been getting around 170, and I have 160V, 165Q, 5W on the GRE. I'm looking particularly at UChicago and Northwestern. Help appreciated! :D

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: 3.55 GPA - Chances?

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri May 31, 2019 3:19 pm

Your GPA is mediocre but won't keep you out of those schools - try to do a bit better than 170. Your LSAT score is pretty much dispositive here so there's not much point in speculating until you take the test.

Also, it's a bad idea to zero in on 1-2 law schools this early in the game. You won't get to be choosy with a 3.55, and ou should be ready and willing to go to the school that offers you the best price/outcome picture. That probably won't be UChicago, it might be Northwestern, and it could also be another top school like Michigan. If you fall in love with something now then you're set up for disappointment or bad choices later.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”