How many times per year is the LSAT offered? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sarcasticfrog1984

New

How many times per year is the LSAT offered?

Post by sarcasticfrog1984 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:00 pm

I seem to be a bit out of the loop in terms of law school admissions and the process. I was well versed a couple of years ago pertaining to the policies, but wasn't ready to apply, and now that I am shooting for application for Fall 2020, there are a few things I am unclear about:

1). A couple of years ago it appeared the LSAT was offered four times annually, it appears to have changed.
A. Do you still get 3 attempts to take within a 2 year period?
B. I want to aim for June 2020, for my retest. Is the LSAT offered each June or at late, October?

2). A couple of years ago it appeared there were some schools in the Top 14 that were splitter friendly for applicants with a 3.0-3.4 gpa and a 175-179 LSAT.
A). Are there any Top 14 schools still splitter friendly?
B). Have any applicants with lower gpa's than that but same LSAT's snagged one?

3). For Fall 2020 application, is September 2020 still ideal to apply, if you wish to start Fall 2021?

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Re: How many times per year is the LSAT offered?

Post by LSATWiz.com » Mon May 13, 2019 3:47 pm

sarcasticfrog1984 wrote:I seem to be a bit out of the loop in terms of law school admissions and the process. I was well versed a couple of years ago pertaining to the policies, but wasn't ready to apply, and now that I am shooting for application for Fall 2020, there are a few things I am unclear about:

1). A couple of years ago it appeared the LSAT was offered four times annually, it appears to have changed.
A. Do you still get 3 attempts to take within a 2 year period?
B. I want to aim for June 2020, for my retest. Is the LSAT offered each June or at late, October?

2). A couple of years ago it appeared there were some schools in the Top 14 that were splitter friendly for applicants with a 3.0-3.4 gpa and a 175-179 LSAT.
A). Are there any Top 14 schools still splitter friendly?
B). Have any applicants with lower gpa's than that but same LSAT's snagged one?

3). For Fall 2020 application, is September 2020 still ideal to apply, if you wish to start Fall 2021?
1.) It used to be 4 times a year, but now they are offering it much more frequently. This year it is offered 7 times, and it's probable that this is the new trend.
A: No, you could take it as many times as you want.
B: June, July, September, October and November all have tests so you could technically take it 5 times and still be able to apply ED if you wanted to.

2.) A: Yeah, outside of HYS, splitters can get in everywhere with varying luck.
B: Yes, many of my students have and I was a splitter myself. If you break a 170, you'll almost certainly get a t-14.

3.) Yes, but anytime before Christmas is fine. If you'd do even 1 point better in October, it's almost always better to apply November 1 than September 1.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”