Taking a year off/ Multiple LSAT scores Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
alorahpelletier

New

Taking a year off/ Multiple LSAT scores

Post by alorahpelletier » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi! This is my first time posting on the forum, I’m just looking for some much needed advice. I had already applied to some schools for this coming year, however I didn’t get into to the schools I was hoping for. I was wondering what thoughts were on taking a year off? Is it beneficial? I have already taken the LSAT twice but was thinking of taking it one more time to improve my score and chances of getting into a better school. Do law schools look down on multiple LSAT attempts?
The first two times I took the LSATs I didn’t take any prep courses, I think that if I have a year to really study and the chance to take a class I can raise my score, but don’t want to waste the year if law schools will still look down on the multiple attempts. Will the fact that I already applied to schools then decided to take a year off look bad?
I appreciate any advice!!

QContinuum

Re: Taking a year off/ Multiple LSAT scores

Post by QContinuum » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:34 pm

alorahpelletier wrote:Hi! This is my first time posting on the forum, I’m just looking for some much needed advice. I had already applied to some schools for this coming year, however I didn’t get into to the schools I was hoping for. I was wondering what thoughts were on taking a year off? Is it beneficial? I have already taken the LSAT twice but was thinking of taking it one more time to improve my score and chances of getting into a better school. Do law schools look down on multiple LSAT attempts?
No, law schools only care about your highest LSAT score. There's no downside to retaking the LSAT. Further, it's very common for applicants to have three or four LSAT scores. Won't even raise any admissions officer's eyebrows.
alorahpelletier wrote:The first two times I took the LSATs I didn’t take any prep courses, I think that if I have a year to really study and the chance to take a class I can raise my score, but don’t want to waste the year if law schools will still look down on the multiple attempts. Will the fact that I already applied to schools then decided to take a year off look bad?
I appreciate any advice!!
Yes, lack of adequate preparation is one of the best reasons for retaking the LSAT.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”