Chances as a splitter? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
districtH9

New

Chances as a splitter?

Post by districtH9 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:49 am

Hi y'all

I got a 178 on my first LSAT, but my academics hold me back. I go to one of those schools that people go because they didn't get into an IVY+ school, and even though I'm a Biomedical Engineering major with Computer Science minor, my GPA is 3.3 at this point and even if I have s great senior year it will be around 3.4. Also, I am an international student(with Green Card) from Korea, which I think is probably more of a disadvantage. I have no internship or any other kind of extracurricular activities other than the mandatory military service in the Korean army, and I also had to take a gap year for back and shoulder issues, which I utilized to prep for the LSAT a little.

What are my chances at T14, and how high within the list can I reach? Given my academic record I should be grateful with any of the 14 schools but with the 178 I want to see what my chances are at top tier schools like Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, and NYU.

Thanks

cavalier1138

Re: Chances as a splitter?

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:02 pm

No shot at Harvard or Stanford with that GPA, but Columbia and NYU aren't out of the picture. You should apply broadly to the T13, and you might land a decent scholarship somewhere.

HopingIPass2929

New

Re: Chances as a splitter?

Post by HopingIPass2929 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:15 pm

I got into GULC with a 167 and 3.33 (and they gave me scholarship as well)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”