Odds of getting one of 3 T14 waitlists Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Odds of getting one of 3 T14 waitlists

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:47 pm

moonshooting wrote:No need to come on here and make some bs case about how it is fundamentally wrong to make forecasts/predictions on things that have a high degree of uncertainty.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:27 pm

moonshooting wrote:
Npret wrote:What are your stats? Did you do anything to get off the waitlist?

From your posts I have a feeling you don’t understand the highly predictable nature of numbers focused law school admissions.

LSAC is releasing data in real time this year so maybe that can help you with your time waster project here.
Interesting response. Direct questions ignoring my argument followed by multiple personal insults. Do you think this is a productive way to communicate with others? Clearly, you aren't interested in having an honest discussion, so let's just stop.
1. Your question was what are the odds. It depends on your stats as others have mentioned and it depends on how much effort you put in.
2. You said this was a time waster project yourself.
3. I didn’t insult you at all.
4. Using the stats to see how many people have the same or higher LSAT than you should be useful information.

jsnow212

Bronze

Post by jsnow212 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Don't see the point of wasting time here.

OP, you clearly have stats well below the medians at all of these schools and therefore a de minimus probability of admission at them.

I'm going to go out on a limb and give you a number: 1%. If you don't get in, I was right. If you do get in, I was still right! This game was so useful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”