Got this email from NYU? Any suggestions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Avaz23

New

Got this email from NYU? Any suggestions

Post by Avaz23 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:18 pm

I received the email below from NYU today basically saying they're on the fence about accepting me. I'm thinking of playing up my diversity. I'm a Puerto Rican and my extended has a legacy in the New York criminal justice system. My Dad's cousin was the first Puerto Rican on the NY Court of Appeals, founder of the Puerto Rican Bar Association, among other things. His son is a judge the NY County Supreme Court. Another one went to NYU and has his own law firm in NYC and his granddaughter is an ADA. Is this along the lines of what they would be looking for? I didn't include it in my application initially because I wanted to rely on professional references. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your application to NYU School of Law. We write to inform you that, to date, your application remains under review. The Committee found your academic accomplishments and professional promise impressive. However, the Committee currently is unable to reach a final decision on your file. The Committee takes a holistic approach to the evaluation of applications. This requires an extraordinary amount of care, and thus a significant amount of time.

You may submit any additional information you wish the Committee to consider in reaching its final decision. In particular, if you are currently enrolled in school, please submit your updated transcript with grades from the fall term to LSAC as soon as possible, and they will update us automatically. Additionally, if you have had a change in employment, kindly submit an updated resume. Materials that are submitted directly to NYU School of Law may be sent to law.moreinfo@nyu.edu.

LSlyfe

Bronze

Re: Got this email from NYU? Any suggestions

Post by LSlyfe » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:53 am

That’s NYUs notorious “hold tight email” it doesn’t actually mean anything. They send them out a couple times during the admissions cycles to candidates who have been waiting awhile. They think it’s helpful to candidates to know that you aren’t forgotten but it tends to just make people neurotic. Don’t worry about it. If your situation has changed and you have a reason to submit additional information then do so but don’t think that you have to.c

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”