UNM scholarship offers Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rachael2690

New

UNM scholarship offers

Post by Rachael2690 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:50 am

I am waiting to hear back from UNM. I have heard that they can be very stingy with scholarship funds.has anyone received an offer yet? If so, what are your GPA and LSAT scores? I have a 3.6/161, a MS and several years in the workforce.

globalview2

New

Re: UNM scholarship offers

Post by globalview2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:22 am

Rachael2690 wrote:I am waiting to hear back from UNM. I have heard that they can be very stingy with scholarship funds.has anyone received an offer yet? If so, what are your GPA and LSAT scores? I have a 3.6/161, a MS and several years in the workforce.
Yes, I received offer in November. It was a fair offer I thought. I am not sure if I count in state or not, but I dont think so as it seems it would be more than a full ride. The scholarship out of state would be a little bit more than 2/3 probably. I would imagine their scholarships are smaller because the COA is generally much cheaper than other law schools. My GPA is similar and slightly higher LSAT.
I think it is also important to note, that scholarship offers are mostly a numbers based determination, in my opinion. Higher numbers more scholarship. Softs I think are more for getting into schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”