Concurrently Enrolled Community College Classes while at University Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
UClaw20

New

Concurrently Enrolled Community College Classes while at University

Post by UClaw20 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:46 pm

I'm new! Anyways, I searched around the forum, but couldn't quite find something that fits my question. I'm currently attending full time at a relatively well regarded public undergrad university with around a 3.8x gpa near the end of my second year. Last summer and this summer, I enrolled in a CC course to fulfill a General Ed requirement, and I'm also concurrently enrolled in Spanish as well to fulfill my requirement by transferring the credit in instead of taking it at the university. I've emailed a few schools to ask if this will have any effect on admissions with mixed answers so that's not much of a concern (unless anyone has anything to add), but my question is: Will my CC classes be calculated into my LSAC gpa? I've gotten all A's and A+'s so it would be nice, but I'm not sure if they would. Thanks in advance!

nixy

Gold

Re: Concurrently Enrolled Community College Classes while at University

Post by nixy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:13 pm

Yes, they will count.

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:41 pm

^
Every class you take until your degree is awarded counts in your GPA. That includes any AP classes you might have taken in high school as well as every college class.

I know you didn’t ask about AP classes but I thought I would be clear in case someone else was wondering.

LivHandsome

Post by LivHandsome » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Npret wrote:^
Every class you take until your degree is awarded counts in your GPA. That includes any AP classes you might have taken in high school as well as every college class.

I know you didn’t ask about AP classes but I thought I would be clear in case someone else was wondering.
Yikes, I looked into this a while back and came away with the impression that dual enrollment counts but AP doesn't, unless your college records a letter grade for them. Did I miss something?

EDIT: Did my due diligence and checked the LSAC website again, which reports "AP or CLEP courses are summarized and included in the GPA if the undergraduate school transcript shows grades and credits for them."

UClaw20

New

Post by UClaw20 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:50 am

Thank you all for your responses :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”