Didn't report cancelled score; is it too late to do so? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pinkportrait

New

Didn't report cancelled score; is it too late to do so?

Post by pinkportrait » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi,

I realized (perhaps too late) that I did not report a cancelled score on the self reporting sections of application. For context, I took the LSAT twice - once in july and once in september. I recorded the second one, as it was my actual score, but I assumed that since the first was cancelled, they would see it on my actual lsat report. Only now am I reading that I should've put 000 as the score. Should I email schools and let them know that it was unintentional? I don't want them thinking I'm trying to hide anything - I just didn't realize that was something one had to do.

Regards,

QContinuum

Re: Didn't report cancelled score; is it too late to do so?

Post by QContinuum » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:56 pm

I thought LSAC reported cancelled scores to the schools in the score report? Why not call LSAC first to double-check.

If LSAC actually doesn't report cancelled scores in any form, then yes, send a (very) brief email to any schools where you still have an application pending to let them know. It won't affect your chances at all, but this would just be a matter of fulfilling your duty to be accurate and correct any errors.

SlipperyKipper

Post by SlipperyKipper » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:26 pm

I cancelled a score, as well. All the applications I filled out did not allow you to report anything besides numerical values in the LSAT score reporting section. I got worried about not reporting this after submission, as well. I called several schools and asked whether I needed to submit a follow-up addendum to explain my cancellation. Out of the 4 I called, 3 said I did not need to submit anything as one cancellation will not raise any eyebrows. The one school that suggested I submit something explaining the cancellation said I should do so so the school knows the cancellation wasn't due to a "No Show".

The report from LSAC will contain the score cancellation. It seems (from my tiny sample) that schools do not care for an explanation about ONE cancellation. But, if you are feeling very unsure give the school a call to make sure!

SlipperyKipper

Post by SlipperyKipper » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:29 pm

Edit: On the calls to the schools, my intention was not only to ask if I needed to explain the cancellation. I also informed the schools that there was no available input for cancelled scores on the apps. I let them know I didn't indicate I had cancelled a score in my app for this reason. They did not mention anything about a "000" input value for cancelled scores and said since there was no obvious option to mark a score as cancelled on the app, then it was not necessary to submit an addendum disclosing it or explaining it UNLESS you had more than one cancellation, which would be a red flag. In that case, they said, explanation of the multiple cancellations would be suggested and go in an LSAT score addendum.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”