Triple Major or Double Major and a Double Minor? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Seahorse123

New

Triple Major or Double Major and a Double Minor?

Post by Seahorse123 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Hello everyone, I am an undergraduate first year student. I came into college with a lot of credits from AP courses and have some spare time before I graduate. I would like to graduate in four years as opposed to getting out early. What would look better for law school admissions: a triple major in psychology, political science, and Italian or a double major in psychology and political science with minors in history and Italian? Thank you for your time.

QContinuum

Re: Triple Major or Double Major and a Double Minor?

Post by QContinuum » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Law schools won't care. For law school admissions purposes, you should do whatever will help you maximize your GPA.

But you shouldn't really be laser-focused on law school at all at this point. You're a college freshman! You should study whatever you want to study, explore your interests, broaden your horizons. College is the best time you'll ever have to do this. You may very well remain interested in law as a senior or after graduation, or you may not. But don't tie yourself to law so early. Back when I was a college freshman I was fervently pre-med and would have laughed if anyone had told me I'd end up going to law school instead of med school. Don't limit yourself to majoring in whatever you think law schools want to see. You might surprise yourself by discovering an interest in something totally unrelated to law.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”