Change of graduation date Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kerbee

New

Change of graduation date

Post by Kerbee » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi all,

I can't find any info on this so I'm curious if anyone can share.
I was supposed to graduate at the end of the fall semester and when I signed up to CAS that's the date I put in. But I didn't have enough credits(I thought more if my transfer credits were accepted than actually we're) and I'm scheduled to graduate in the end of spring(still before the coming cycle).
I plan on applying now but do you think schools will think it's funny if my resume says one date of graduation and my report says another?
Also I'm gonna send in an updated transcript with my fall grades (4.0) and it presumably will get to the schools before they make a descision about me. Again, would they find it odd that my CAS report has me graduated already when I really didn't?

Thanks

nixy

Gold

Re: Change of graduation date

Post by nixy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:23 pm

You should just update schools with your new graduation date and then there won’t be any issues.

Kerbee

New

Post by Kerbee » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:10 pm

Would putting my graduation date on the resume be enough? Im obviously doing that anyways. Just curious if that's enough

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:09 pm

nixy wrote:You should just update schools with your new graduation date and then there won’t be any issues.
I agree this is the best way of doing it. A short and simple email to the admissions office should do. I wouldn't even include any explanation. Law schools won't care so long as you actually graduate in the spring.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”