Addendum for Jump in LSAT score Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hannahlee77

New

Addendum for Jump in LSAT score

Post by hannahlee77 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:06 pm

I took the LSAT in September and received a 155, and again in November and received a 163. Obviously, i think the 163 score better represents my abilities. Should I include an addendum explaining this difference if the school doesn't explicitly ask for it. I don't really have much an excuse, except for August/September was a stressful time for me so I didn't prepare as well is a should have or could have. I don't want my chances to be hurt by not including it, but I dont want them to be hurt by including it, and having them think I was just lazy the first time around.

cavalier1138

Re: Addendum for Jump in LSAT score

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:23 am

No, don't bother with an addendum.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:27 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:No, don't bother with an addendum.
cavalier is right. Addenda should only be written in cases where 1) the bad performance is so remarkably bad that it's likely to raise a yellow flag in adcoms' eyes AND 2) there's a good reason, beyond the applicant's control, for the bad performance. Neither is true here. A 155, while not a good score, isn't so low that it'd raise a red flag in adcoms' eyes. And "I didn't prepare well because it was a stressful time" isn't a good reason for doing badly. Don't write an addendum.

PantaRhei

New

Post by PantaRhei » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:12 pm

QContinuum wrote:
cavalier is right. Addenda should only be written in cases where 1) the bad performance is so remarkably bad that it's likely to raise a yellow flag in adcoms' eyes AND 2) there's a good reason, beyond the applicant's control, for the bad performance. Neither is true here. A 155, while not a good score, isn't so low that it'd raise a red flag in adcoms' eyes. And "I didn't prepare well because it was a stressful time" isn't a good reason for doing badly. Don't write an addendum.
How about for a jump from 158 to 175, with the reason being family hardship?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 pm

PantaRhei wrote:
QContinuum wrote:
No.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:36 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
PantaRhei wrote:
QContinuum wrote:
No.
Agree with cavalier. Congrats on the 175!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”