Should i re-take? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
aryehb

New

Should i re-take?

Post by aryehb » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:37 pm

I got a 169 on my Nov LSAT and want to take a try at the big ones. Do you think I should apply now and see what happens or wait to apply until the last possible date so that my LSAT in Jan will likely be in the file by the time they review?

Upenn, Columbia, NYU, Harvard

If i should apply, should i let them know that i am taking it again and place a hold or just go for it and see what happens?

Is Jan LSAT too late?

cavalier1138

Re: Should i re-take?

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Unless things have changed, schools are notified when you register for a later LSAT after submitting your application. So they'd likely place a hold on your app in either case.

January LSAT isn't too late, especially if your score goes up.

Quc

New

Post by Quc » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:44 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Unless things have changed, schools are notified when you register for a later LSAT after submitting your application. So they'd likely place a hold on your app in either case.

January LSAT isn't too late, especially if your score goes up.
They are notified, but when I spoke to the admissions office at UPenn they said if you want them to wait until your next score you would have to add an addendum stating so. Otherwise they will continue with the current score on file. If there is no answer by the time the second score comes out they will automatically update your app.

But I agree- (not that I know much but from what I've been hearing/seeing) If one is confident that they can up their score by a few points it is certainly worth waiting.

Good Luck.

I myself am still not sure what to do.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:09 pm

I think if you are up for it there is no reason not to, especially if you expect to improve. It is certainly not too late. If your 169 is not quite competitive enough you would need to retake anyway. If it was, they probably would put you in a tentative admit, or just admit now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”