Updating Applications while waiting Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
castjess

New

Updating Applications while waiting

Post by castjess » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Hey guys,
I am new to this forum so please bear with me.

Does anyone know about going about updating schools with updated information while waiting for a decision on your application(s)?

For example, I coordinated the first ever kickball tournament in my town that raised over $1800 to get the foster children Christmas gifts.
I got all the law enforcement agencies together along with other teams yesterday and it was a huge success! (This is a nutshell explanation, I did a lot of work for this to happen)

I think it is worth mentioning to the schools that I applied to? How should I do that? In an attachment? Just in an email?
Or is it even worth mentioning?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you!

cavalier1138

Re: Updating Applications while waiting

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:34 am

Is it something you're adding to your resume?

If yes, send an updated resume. If no (and based on your description, I think this is the correct answer), then don't bother notifying the schools. Either way, it's not going to make much difference.

Npret

Gold

Re: Updating Applications while waiting

Post by Npret » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Is it something you're adding to your resume?

If yes, send an updated resume. If no (and based on your description, I think this is the correct answer), then don't bother notifying the schools. Either way, it's not going to make much difference.
Agreed that this won’t matter to admissions. Only contact schools with update if you have something substantial or prestigious to add to your resume. For exampl, getting a major award or scholarship. Maybe published work counts to?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”