Can I purchase the CAS in my Sophomore year to see how LSAC calculates my GPA? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RobertC1

New

Can I purchase the CAS in my Sophomore year to see how LSAC calculates my GPA?

Post by RobertC1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:09 pm

I attended one university in my Freshman year, and am at a different university for my Sophomore year. I am a bit concerned about how LSAC will count some incompletes on my freshman year transcript.

If I were to buy the CAS now and have my freshman transcript sent in along with my sophomore transcript from my current university (once I get it), will they show me what my calculated GPA is? Or will they only do this once I have submitted my transcripts through fall of my senior year?

Npret

Gold

Re: Can I purchase the CAS in my Sophomore year to see how LSAC calculates my GPA?

Post by Npret » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:20 pm

RobertC1 wrote:I attended one university in my Freshman year, and am at a different university for my Sophomore year. I am a bit concerned about how LSAC will count some incompletes on my freshman year transcript.

If I were to buy the CAS now and have my freshman transcript sent in along with my sophomore transcript from my current university (once I get it), will they show me what my calculated GPA is? Or will they only do this once I have submitted my transcripts through fall of my senior year?
The determining factor as to whether incompletes are included is if the issuing school considers the incomplete a punitive grade. You can find that out yourself by talking to a dean at your old school.
I’m not sure if LSAC would calculate it, but I’m quite cynical about them so they might be happy to take you money.
I think it’s a waste of money and time because you will have an incomplete report at best which won’t be useful to you.
If you want, contact them and ask.

The criteria they use, you’ve probably seen , but I’ll link it here in case
https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-schoo ... marization

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”