Where should I apply? major splitter Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trying93

New

Where should I apply? major splitter

Post by trying93 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:47 am

I am an EXTREME splitter... and I mean extreme. I will be applying with a 2.38 GPA in undergrad (University of Georgia) and a 179 on the LSAT. A major contributor to that is breaking my collarbone one semester and failing three classes that semester because unfortunately I was not granted a withdrawal even though I had to move home for the rest of the term. I also had to move home one summer to become the sole caregiver of a family member and failed an online class. I plan to submit an addendum to that effect. I have worked full time through college also, often times holding a second part-time job at the same time.

In addition to a high LSAT score, I have three strong rec letters all specifically addressing my ability to handle the academic rigors of law school, a page full of volunteer work, three years of steady (non-law) employment, a position as the executive director of a 501c3 nonprofit, and a board position for another nonprofit.

My question... where should I apply? Should I even bother with T14 schools? Tier 1 schools? Or should I go directly for tier 2 and unranked schools?

Nycsplitter

New

Re: Where should I apply? major splitter

Post by Nycsplitter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Personally, I think with a 179 you should blanket the T14, and apply to some higher-ranked regionals in the city you want to live in as safeties. (Fordham if NYC, USC if LA, GW if D.C, etc)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”