I was dumb Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LWSKL2022

New

I was dumb

Post by LWSKL2022 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:41 pm

I recently submitted my law school apps around two weeks ago, but I realized I never made the edit to the one job description I had and I messed up the date for another job (was off my a month). Right after I submitted my apps I sent in another corrected resume because there was another error that but never caught these until now. Do admissions care how many times you send in corrections? or do they just add it to your file like "cool, whatever thanks"?
I dont even think my updates will matter in admissions or that they'll even check to make sure my job description was fully accurate - but i don't want there to be any discrepancies between my LS app and my bar app later on. For example, i wrore that I worked "X" amount of hours but never went back and verified it - and i know it's not the correct amount of hours now that I've really thought about. Should I send in an updated resume now, like admissions don't care - they'll just add it to my file? wait a couple of weeks until its a month between the last updated one I sent so that it's not super fresh? anyone have experience with this?

P.S. I did receive a minor award in the meantime so I guess that's a legitimate update rather than a correction.

QContinuum

Re: I was dumb

Post by QContinuum » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:45 pm

Send in the updated resume and mention the new award.

And proofread your entire application - ten times if necessary - to make sure there aren't yet more errors you've missed. Being careful is a critical aspect of being a successful lawyer. Sloppiness is one of the few things that will sink a SA/junior associate. Sloppiness can easily expose one to malpractice liability.

LWSKL2022

New

Post by LWSKL2022 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:47 pm

QContinuum wrote:Send in the updated resume and mention the new award.

And proofread your entire application - ten times if necessary - to make sure there aren't yet more errors you've missed. Being careful is a critical aspect of being a successful lawyer. Sloppiness is one of the few things that will sink a SA/junior associate. Sloppiness can easily expose one to malpractice liability.

Yeah, I'm definitely reading everything ten times now. Do you think I should wait a while before sending in the corrected one?

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:49 pm

No, I think OK to do it now, esp. since you have the 'hook' of the new award.

LWSKL2022

New

Post by LWSKL2022 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:53 pm

QContinuum wrote:No, I think OK to do it now, esp. since you have the 'hook' of the new award.

Do they care how many times one updates or would they just not care and add to my file? This would be my last time. but i don't want them to view that I submitted two updates negatively - not that it matter since I'll be updating regardless.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:42 am

LWSKL2022 wrote:
QContinuum wrote:No, I think OK to do it now, esp. since you have the 'hook' of the new award.

Do they care how many times one updates or would they just not care and add to my file? This would be my last time. but i don't want them to view that I submitted two updates negatively - not that it matter since I'll be updating regardless.
I doubt they'd care (unless it gets frequent enough that the staff would remember you...) but regardless, you need to correct any known errors to avoid C&F issues down the road.

Last bumped by LWSKL2022 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:42 am.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”