GRE applicant: need to disclose LSAT taken after application/offer? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
privatemember2012

New

GRE applicant: need to disclose LSAT taken after application/offer?

Post by privatemember2012 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to get some advice on my situation. First off, for context, I am an international applicant so don't have an LSAC GPA. I've only taken the GRE so far but did well so was initially planning to only apply to the GRE schools. Then one of my profs recently suggested I take the LSAT and apply more widely. So essentially I would apply with my GRE where possible ASAP and then with the LSAT later in the cycle to LSAT-only schools. Given there's not much time until the November LSAT, I was thinking of shooting for the January date and submitting any other apps where possible after that. Many schools don't accept the January test, I know, but some do and it could set me up nicely for next cycle if I'm not happy with my GRE-based results.

My question is what happens if I get a disappointing LSAT score, e.g., one below the medians of the schools I applied to with the GRE? Am I required to report it even if I take it after I've applied to those schools? What if I'm accepted - can a school rescind my offer if I get a poor LSAT afterwards?

Just asking in order to plan my strategy appropriately. Thanks a lot!

QContinuum

Re: GRE applicant: need to disclose LSAT taken after application/offer?

Post by QContinuum » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 pm

If you take the LSAT, that score will automatically be reported to all of the law schools to which you apply - even schools that accept the GRE. See https://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsat-or-gre/lsat-or-gre-faqs

Extremely unlikely that any school that's already offered you admission would revoke it on the basis of a subsequent low LSAT.

privatemember2012

New

Re: GRE applicant: need to disclose LSAT taken after application/offer?

Post by privatemember2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:18 am

If you take the LSAT, that score will automatically be reported to all of the law schools to which you apply - even schools that accept the GRE. See https://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsat-or-gre/lsat-or-gre-faqs
Very helpful, thanks. So in essence I need to make sure I score at least at the medians of my target schools to make sure I don't undermine the strength of my GRE score. Do you think that given that I am an international without a GPA, it will help to give schools at least one data point they can report to LSAC / US News? Otherwise I am GPA-less and LSAT-less, which I assume is quite a rare combination.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”