Will GRE hurt my chances at Harvard? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ernietakeslsac

New

Will GRE hurt my chances at Harvard?

Post by ernietakeslsac » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:53 am

Hey all,

I just realized that I will be obligated to disclose my GRE score to Harvard. I registered for the test when I was sort of considering graduate programs (joint JD/PhD) but didn't prepare adequately because I realized that a PhD wasn't really in the stars for me prior to test day. I didn't score poorly enough to justify writing another addendum (I already had one for a minor C+F issue): 167 V, 164 Q, 6/6 AW. However, it sounds like standards for the GRE as far as law school admits go are anybody's guess but likely as high as possible. In comparison to my 177 LSAT, these scores suck.

Is the consensus that LSAT always trumps GRE? Do you think these scores (namely, the 164 quant) will actually give Harvard pause? All the official statements are extremely vague as to what law schools (and Harvard in particular) are looking for as far as GRE scores go, so I honestly have no idea whether these scores are "that bad," just that they might detract from my LSAT.

(My LSAC-GPA is 3.87 if that helps).

Thanks in advance!

jgloster

Bronze

Re: Will GRE hurt my chances at Harvard?

Post by jgloster » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:34 am

Absolutely nothing wrong with your GRE scores. On a percentile basis they're slightly lower but not much lower.

Stop worrying about silly stuff.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”