3.45 GPA 152 cold > 164 july > retake in Sept. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
subtle_pun

New

3.45 GPA 152 cold > 164 july > retake in Sept.

Post by subtle_pun » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:40 pm

So here's the deal - I'm a female structural engineer with 5 years work experience and two masters degrees. My dual undergrad and masters was completed simultaneously; my cumulative GPA is 3.45. I obtained a second masters abroad in Historic Preservation of Structures.

I took the LSAT cold last September and got a 152. I took it again in July and got a 164. I am planning on taking it again in September - I've been consistently PTing in the low 170's.

My ideal school is UPenn. If I can achieve my PT average of 170, is this a realistic goal? Is my GPA too low or will work experience and background counteract that?

Any thoughts?

albanach

Gold

Re: 3.45 GPA 152 cold > 164 july > retake in Sept.

Post by albanach » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:09 pm

subtle_pun wrote:So here's the deal - I'm a female structural engineer with 5 years work experience and two masters degrees. My dual undergrad and masters was completed simultaneously; my cumulative GPA is 3.45. I obtained a second masters abroad in Historic Preservation of Structures.

I took the LSAT cold last September and got a 152. I took it again in July and got a 164. I am planning on taking it again in September - I've been consistently PTing in the low 170's.

My ideal school is UPenn. If I can achieve my PT average of 170, is this a realistic goal? Is my GPA too low or will work experience and background counteract that?

Any thoughts?
It is doable, but the odds are not stacked in your favor.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”