LSAC GPA turned my 3.4 to 2.79 need advice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GerardC

New

LSAC GPA turned my 3.4 to 2.79 need advice

Post by GerardC » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:18 pm

My degree GPA of 3.4 turned into a Cumulative GPA of 2.79. Any advice (good or bad) will help.

1. Should I mention my graduating GPA in my personal statement and/or anywhere else?

2. Should I call the schools that I will be applying to and notify them on the huge gap in difference?

3. Should I add my gpa in my resume?

Thanks in advance

4LTsPointingNorth

Bronze

Re: LSAC GPA turned my 3.4 to 2.79 need advice

Post by 4LTsPointingNorth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:03 pm

GerardC wrote:My degree GPA of 3.4 turned into a Cumulative GPA of 2.79. Any advice (good or bad) will help.

1. Should I mention my graduating GPA in my personal statement and/or anywhere else?

2. Should I call the schools that I will be applying to and notify them on the huge gap in difference?

3. Should I add my gpa in my resume?

Thanks in advance
Your LSAC GPA is the one that matters for admissions purposes. Why the huge discrepancy? Did you have awful community college grades or grades from another institution that brought the cumulative GPA down? Does your college calculate grades vastly differently than most other places?

Depending on the answer to these questions, it may be worth writing an addendum explaining the GPA and submit that together with your applications. Don't waste space in your personal statement addressing it, definitely don't call the schools about it, and don't list that GPA in your resume.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”