Advice needed - Apply Early with170 or retake LSAT in November Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Shen24r

New

Advice needed - Apply Early with170 or retake LSAT in November

Post by Shen24r » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:33 pm

I want to maximize my chance of getting in Columbia law, but I'm having trouble deciding on the two options I have here. I hope you guys can kindly offer me some advice! And many thanks in advance!!!!

I am considering either apply early, say in October, or bet on a boost on my LSAT score. (I'm probably not going to consider ED because the stats in 2015 shows that Columbia doesn't favor ED applicants, according to http://admissionsbythenumbers.blogspot. ... ition.html)

I was quiet surprised when I received a score of 170 from my July LSAT. It was my first time taking the LSAT, and my average prep-test score was around 168 before my actual exam. Because of that I still have around 20 clean/fresh prep test saved for my second test, which I was planning to take in November. I guess there is a chance for me to get a couple points of increase, but this will also mean that I will have to apply late, presumably in early December. So I'm not quiet sure what to do here.

My GPA is 3.84, which is above Columbia's 75th percentile, but my 170 LSAT is below Columbia's median, which is 171. Also, as an international student, my chance of getting in columbia is a bit lower than the domestic students.

What do you guys think I should do?

mmac

New

Re: Advice needed - Apply Early with170 or retake LSAT in November

Post by mmac » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:02 pm

It seems like Columbia really wants a 172, so I'd retake.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”