Sgnificant Drop in LSAT Scores Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawgirl1515

New

Sgnificant Drop in LSAT Scores

Post by lawgirl1515 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:17 pm

I just got the scores from my second LSAT and I am disappointed to say the least. My first score from February was a 159 and I just received a score of 152 on the July test. This is a significant drop and I could say it was due to a hectic schedule with moving etc. in an addendum but I'm not sure if it is even worth it. What do you recommend I do? Should I retake the LSAT a third time, submit an addendum or just hope that this drop does not change how they look at my application overall (which I find doubtful). Thank you!

QContinuum

Re: Sgnificant Drop in LSAT Scores

Post by QContinuum » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 am

lawgirl1515 wrote:I just got the scores from my second LSAT and I am disappointed to say the least. My first score from February was a 159 and I just received a score of 152 on the July test. This is a significant drop and I could say it was due to a hectic schedule with moving etc. in an addendum but I'm not sure if it is even worth it. What do you recommend I do? Should I retake the LSAT a third time, submit an addendum or just hope that this drop does not change how they look at my application overall (which I find doubtful). Thank you!
How have you been prepping for the test? Are you nailing LG? You should be able to get your LSAT at least above 160. If you haven't already, get the PowerScore bible and drill until you can routinely turn in perfect LG scores - LG's the most learnable section of the test.

What do you want to do with a J.D.?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”