LORs from professors/managers ? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sannanna

New

LORs from professors/managers ?

Post by Sannanna » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:53 am

I graduated from college April of 2016, and have been employed for 1.6 months as of now. Can someone please advise what is the best mix here to obtain LORs. I was thinking of just sourcing two from my workplace (One associate and one VP in my team locally). But is it more ideal to go back to college and try obtaining one from an old professor. It would be a little inconvenient two years from graduation but not impossible if necessary. Any thoughts ?

Si_Dao

New

Re: LORs from professors/managers ?

Post by Si_Dao » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:06 pm

I finished my MS 5 years ago and emailed a professor a few weeks ago and he agreed to write me an LOR. Most of the school's I've looked at require at least 1 LOR from an academic. I'd email some of your professors and/or TA's. 2 years is not too long ago. From what I've seen most people have 1-2 years work experience when they start LS. People need LOR's for jobs, grants, scholarships, and grad school 3, 4, 5, or more years after graduating. Writing LOR's is part of teaching and mentoring, write some professors they'll be glad to hear from you. Let you professor's know what you've been up; if you think they won't remember you include a few reminders. Worst case scenario they don't write you a recommendation and then you are in no worse a position than you are in now. I'd also try reaching out soon, before the start of the fall semester.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”