Reccomendation for NT Applicant Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
stanbeeman

New

Reccomendation for NT Applicant

Post by stanbeeman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:46 pm

TLS,

I am in my mid 30s and am a successful entrepreneur. My annual income is in the seven figures and therefore I will not have to take out loans for law school. Cost does not matter to me. My career goal is to graduate from law school, gain 2-3 years of civil litigation experience and then start my own personal injury firm. I am not even slightly worried about being able to generate business as I started a company in my early 20s with $6K and now the company generates several million per year in revenue and employs over 70 people. At this point, the company runs itself and frankly I am bored and am looking for a new challenge. I have always wanted to go to law school but I did not want to take out loans. Now that I can pay for school and continue to collect a salary while in school and even after I graduate if I need to supplement my lawyer salary, I figure why not go to law school? Even if I never work as a lawyer, the law degree will save me at least as much in legal fees per year in perpetuity as it cost me to attend law school per year.

Anyhow, I have a 2.95 undergrad GPA from a large public university and a 158 LSAT score. My options are going to a T1/T2 at sticker or going to a TTT for free. I have ties to PHL, MA and CO so will apply to CU, DU, Temple, Villanova, Maryland, American, BC, Suffolk, Northeastern, Miami, Pepperdine, Loyola LA, San Diego and Tulane. I might ED to GW which means I would pay sticker. Would GW be worth sticker in my situation or should I just focus on getting the degree so I can get a license and start working at some PI firm for $50k/year?

My question is: prestige/ranking vs. money in my situation? BTW, I have know several AM 100 law firm partners very well as a result of them working for me over the years and could easily get biglaw if I wanted but I have zero desire to work 90 hours a week on mind-numbing transactional work.

stanbeeman

New

Re: Reccomendation for NT Applicant

Post by stanbeeman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Update: I scored 162 on the July LSAT. So my numbers are 2.95 162. I didn't think the circle game was hard I thought the second LR section was way harder! Would have gotten a 165 if it wasn't for that!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”