What are my chances? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trumandoct

New

What are my chances?

Post by trumandoct » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Hello, I received a 146 on my LSAT. I have a 3.4 GPA from an ivy league school and am from Maine. I am interested in schools in the south. Because of my poor LSAT, I am wondering if my chances of getting into to some of my schools are far-fetched. If they are, what schools should I consider?
1. Alabama
2. Ole Miss
3. Oklahoma
4. Houston
5. College of Charleston

Thanks!

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: What are my chances?

Post by sparkytrainer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:30 pm

You should under no circumstances attend law school with that lsat score.

Scrichard1279

New

Post by Scrichard1279 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:21 am

sparkytrainer wrote:You should under no circumstances attend law school with that lsat score.
I
agree sparky , that LSAT score is low. My guess you didn’t learn the games. However, the hell with us, what do you think? Bama is a good school and that is far below their medians. So, are you out? Absolutely, if you don’t have a reason to tell Bama they would make a huge mistake by not accepting you. I can’t speak for sparky but your LSAT is the 5 star recruitment process for law schools. A great indication of ones potential but a 178 and a shit work ethic equals your butt getting kicked in a courtroom. I scored a 163, good for me, some would die if they scored it. Tom Brady was the second to last pick in the draft because of tests, stats only show you what happened in the past , not your future. Be the first 146 to beat an Ivy League Moot Court. Can you apply the law to your cases better than anyone else? If you answered or ever answer no, then maybe sparky is right and this ain’t for you . I believe in you, if you do

t14_please

New

Post by t14_please » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi,

I'm also looking for some feedback on chances... My gpa is 3.57 from a top 10 school, and my lsat is 171. I'd really like NYU, Georgetown, Penn or Columbia.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”