Chance Me: URM, 3.87 GPA, 174 LSAT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HeyItsMe123

New

Chance Me: URM, 3.87 GPA, 174 LSAT

Post by HeyItsMe123 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Hey guys, I'm applying to law school for Fall of 2019 and was wondering what my chances were at a HYS. A little about me, I'm an AA female, I attend a large T20 public school.

Major: Philosophy

Softs: mock trial team, conducted biology research, volunteered at a human trafficking organization. Some things on campus. Nothing overly impressive.

Factors to consider: I have 2 W's on my transcript, and transferred from a community college.

What are my chances at HYS and how can I strengthen my application in the meantime?

Thanks <3

Lacepiece23

Silver

Re: Chance Me: URM, 3.87 GPA, 174 LSAT

Post by Lacepiece23 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:17 am

HeyItsMe123 wrote:Hey guys, I'm applying to law school for Fall of 2019 and was wondering what my chances were at a HYS. A little about me, I'm an AA female, I attend a large T20 public school.

Major: Philosophy

Softs: mock trial team, conducted biology research, volunteered at a human trafficking organization. Some things on campus. Nothing overly impressive.

Factors to consider: I have 2 W's on my transcript, and transferred from a community college.

What are my chances at HYS and how can I strengthen my application in the meantime?

Thanks <3
It's been like 8 years since I was applying to law school, but I'm pretty sure that an AA female with a 3.87 GPA with a 174 LSAT score is pretty much in everywhere except maybe Yale. Congrats on your success! If you ever want to bounce ideas off another AA regarding whether you should take your inevitable full scholarship or go to HYS, I'd be happy to chat with you offline. Good luck on all of your future endeavors!!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”