Help! Should I Correct Info on Law School Application? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LawSchoolProNY

New

Help! Should I Correct Info on Law School Application?

Post by LawSchoolProNY » Sun May 20, 2018 7:18 pm

I was wondering if anyone had any advice about how to handle the situation I'm in. I failed to disclose on my law school applications all the undergraduate colleges I went to. I bounced around at the first year of undergrad and took classes at, but never received any grades, a few schools whose transcripts I did not submit to CAS ( Trust me, I know how stupid that was to do!). Now I'm worried that if I go to law school I'll fail the C&F when I apply for the bar because they'll discover that I lied on my law school application about the institutions I attended. What should I do? Should I not accept any admission offers and wait a year and reapply with all the transcripts submitted to CAS?

Any help would be much appreciated!

beinghuman

Re: Help! Should I Correct Info on Law School Application?

Post by beinghuman » Mon May 21, 2018 8:07 pm

First, why would you do that?

Second, would correcting this information change your UGPA? Because if so, then you knowingly tried to get in through false pretenses. If your GPA remains the same, they might be more forgiving - depending on the school.

You put yourself in a tough situation here. If this comes to light later, you might get into trouble.

In my opinion, you do need to contact the school and you better come up with a good reason as to why you failed to disclose this information.

Ask other people though before you decide but I personally always err on the side of caution...

LawSchoolProNY wrote:I was wondering if anyone had any advice about how to handle the situation I'm in. I failed to disclose on my law school applications all the undergraduate colleges I went to. I bounced around at the first year of undergrad and took classes at, but never received any grades, a few schools whose transcripts I did not submit to CAS ( Trust me, I know how stupid that was to do!). Now I'm worried that if I go to law school I'll fail the C&F when I apply for the bar because they'll discover that I lied on my law school application about the institutions I attended. What should I do? Should I not accept any admission offers and wait a year and reapply with all the transcripts submitted to CAS?

Any help would be much appreciated!

LawSchoolProNY

New

Post by LawSchoolProNY » Mon May 21, 2018 9:49 pm

No, like I said I didn't get any grades at those schools so my UGA GPA would be the same. I'm probably gonna wait out this year and re-take the LSAT anyways, so I don't think I'll be accepting any offers of admission based on the info I'm giving now. When I reapply, should I add the other transcripts from the schools I didn't disclose the first time to CAS? Or would this just bring to attention the fact that I didn't do this the first time?

Thisistheyear

New

Post by Thisistheyear » Tue May 22, 2018 8:57 am

You should submit all materials next year when you reapply. If you didn't get grades, this won't be a big deal. Not disclosing attendance and failing to submit transcripts would be.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”