HELP! What are my chances? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cmorgan2

New

HELP! What are my chances?

Post by cmorgan2 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:18 pm

I will have either a 3.8-3.9 (depending on how LSAC calculates my gpa). I anticipate that I will score between the 150-160 range. (Poor standardized test taker). I am a URM.

In addition, I was my college's commencement speaker. I won several competitive awards including most outstanding senior, I participated in research projects funded by the NSA, have a record of activism and volunteer work ,I currently work for the juvenile courts and have a strong personal narrative.

Will I get into a t-14???

abcdefg1234567

Bronze

Re: HELP! What are my chances?

Post by abcdefg1234567 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:56 pm

cmorgan2 wrote:I will have either a 3.8-3.9 (depending on how LSAC calculates my gpa). I anticipate that I will score between the 150-160 range. (Poor standardized test taker). I am a URM.

In addition, I was my college's commencement speaker. I won several competitive awards including most outstanding senior, I participated in research projects funded by the NSA, have a record of activism and volunteer work ,I currently work for the juvenile courts and have a strong personal narrative.

You really need to take the LSAT first. Solid gpa, but 150-160 is a huge range.

That said, check past cycles on mylsn to see where you might end up.

Good luck!

IamKrisBars

New

Re: HELP! What are my chances?

Post by IamKrisBars » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:59 am

abcdefg1234567 wrote:
cmorgan2 wrote:I will have either a 3.8-3.9 (depending on how LSAC calculates my gpa). I anticipate that I will score between the 150-160 range. (Poor standardized test taker). I am a URM.

You really need to take the LSAT first. Solid gpa, but 150-160 is a huge range.

That said, check past cycles on mylsn to see where you might end up.

Good luck!

What they said.. 150-160 could be the difference between money at T2 or money at T1.

With that GPA tho, if you score 160 you will have some pretty good options

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”