Chance me Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SeanConn007

New

Chance me

Post by SeanConn007 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:09 am

Alright I am going to give you my stats:

LSAC GPA: 3.98 from state U
LSAT (February 2018): 168
Softs: 1 year WE at blue chip tech company (Think Microsoft/Facebook/Google/Cisco) Mergers and Acquisitions group, 4 months Temp Analyst at top bay area law firm. Undergrad pres/founder of pre-law association & pres/founder of business ethics club.
LORs: 2 juicy academic LORs (Business Law prof - current partner at a firm, and Business Strategy prof - Harvard Phd - not that it really matters a lot). 1 spicy work LOR (VP from tech company)

NOTE: I will not take the LSAT again. I have redlined as the exam does not play to my intellectual strengths.

Thoughts on getting into T14 or T5 schools? Any scholly $$?

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Chance me

Post by sparkytrainer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:58 am

Likely out of the t6. Might get a bite, but with no $. You will probably pick up 1 or 2 of the t13, but without a lot of money.

Your softs are average for t13 students. A few more points on the lsat, like a 173, and you are looking at $$$$ from the t6 and have at least a chance to pull a H acceptance.

The truthful answer is retake. If you got a 168, you can get a 173.

SeanConn007

New

Post by SeanConn007 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:40 am

Does anyone know if I can apply with my current LSAT score (very early in the app cycle) then retake in December with no consequences? I thought perhaps if I apply by August, I could get accepted in the following few months then retake and potentially get 170+ for more money and convert waistlisted responses into acceptances? This would be assuming there would be no down side. For example, I apply with my current stats to Berkeley/G Town/etc. and get accepted, then get a lower LSAT score like a 165 or so in December, would that low score cause them to rescind my offer or alter potential scholly dollars?

So the distilled questions are:

1) Can I apply as early as August 2018 and hear back between August and December 2018?

2) If I am waitlisted initially in between August and December, can a waitlisted position be converted into an acceptance with a better LSAT score within the same cycle?

3) If I am accepted between August and December 2018 and retake in December only to get a lower score, does that have any adverse consequences?

silenttimer

Bronze

Post by silenttimer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:42 am

You will need to check app opening date. I believe they are in the fall. With your GPA, I think it is possible for you to get some money from lower T13 and Georgetown.

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:11 pm

http://mylsn.info/7vi6nf/

Looks like you've got good opportunities.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”