Do most rejections come with offer to transfer? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GxGw1994

New

Do most rejections come with offer to transfer?

Post by GxGw1994 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Does it mean anything if a rejection is followed with an encouragement to transfer next year? I'm just curious, obviously it doesn't change anything. Just wondering if everyone gets the same rejection message.

rowingmyboat

New

Re: Do most rejections come with offer to transfer?

Post by rowingmyboat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:28 am

I think you know the answer to this, deep down. If they wanted you to attend, they would have accepted you. They do not have a convoluted system where they reject people they secretly want to attend and then encourage them to apply next year.

StephArizona

New

Re: Do most rejections come with offer to transfer?

Post by StephArizona » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:38 pm

That's just untrue. Now if the person is above the medians and they're still denied then sure, maybe something else on the app is a concern. But if the is student is below the medians in both categories and they get rejected with good 1L grades they could possibly get in as a transfer. The door isn't closed to them because of a rejection as a 0L

Practically every person I know who's ever transferred law schools was rejected by the law school they transferred to because of their GPA or LSAT score and those don't matter for 2Ls just 1L grades do for the most part.

They do have a system that is mostly controlled by the US News Ranking, which don't apply to 2Ls.

If they suggest you consider reapplying as a transfer student and you get good grades so it. It's probably your LSAT/GPA keeping you out now.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”