Reapplying to Law schools... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Jimlaw123

New

Reapplying to Law schools...

Post by Jimlaw123 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:23 am

Hello,

I just want some advice about reapplying to Law Schools you applied last year to. I was accepted into a couple, and gave them a reason (Personal) for not attending last year, but reapplying this year.

Also, for some of the schools I withdrew my application from, or didn't get accepted into (I was close, etc..) Do I have to have all new personal statements, resumes, etc..? Or Should I just alter the ones I had a bit, and add on things?

Has anyone not been accepted at first, then reapplied and gotten admission?

Just would like to know, thanks again.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Re: Reapplying to Law schools...

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:23 am

Jimlaw123 wrote:Hello,

I just want some advice about reapplying to Law Schools you applied last year to. I was accepted into a couple, and gave them a reason (Personal) for not attending last year, but reapplying this year.

Also, for some of the schools I withdrew my application from, or didn't get accepted into (I was close, etc..) Do I have to have all new personal statements, resumes, etc..? Or Should I just alter the ones I had a bit, and add on things?

Has anyone not been accepted at first, then reapplied and gotten admission?

Just would like to know, thanks again.
I was in the same exact shoes as you. During my second time around, I wrote a new Personal Statement, updated my resume, wrote a new Diversity Statement, and got 2 brand new letters of recommendations for different people.

I was accepted to every single school that had accepted me the first time, and got into some schools that had rejected/waitlisted me the first time.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”