Question about senior thesis Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

New

Question about senior thesis

Post by 126 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:49 am

Hi,

I am thinking about whether I should write a senior thesis. Many people told me writing senior thesis is a plus, but I think it can probably lower my GPA. Because before writing the senior thesis, we are required to take two more advanced-level courses to prepare. In this case, should I write it or not?

Thanks in advance!

anonlaw2017

New

Re: Question about senior thesis

Post by anonlaw2017 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 pm

I wrote my thesis on effects of masterbation on mental health. Got into Harvard and had a very funny X rated note from the dean of admissions in my acceptance letter. Berkly wasnt too thrilled but then again they're all feminists who don't understand. So YMMV.

cityb101

New

Post by cityb101 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:26 am

126 wrote:Hi,

I am thinking about whether I should write a senior thesis. Many people told me writing senior thesis is a plus, but I think it can probably lower my GPA. Because before writing the senior thesis, we are required to take two more advanced-level courses to prepare. In this case, should I write it or not?

Thanks in advance!
It won't matter for law school admissions. If you think you'll enjoy a senior thesis, go for it. But unless you're trying to go into academia or you really want to be a research assistant or something in law school, find classes you like and do well in them--that's really the secret to academic success as a pre-law student.

preamble

Bronze

Post by preamble » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:26 pm

(Assuming your GPA doesn't crater in the process) writing a thesis is a great way to build a meaningful relationship with a professor who can provide a substantive rec letter for you.

Also, it's a rewarding experience.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”