Foreign-educated - Soft Factors Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
js1797

New

Foreign-educated - Soft Factors

Post by js1797 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi all--
This is my first time posting on this forum, so please bear with me. I'm fairly certain this topic must have come up some other time, but I can't seem to find it.
I was wondering if there was any information on the odds of T14 admissions when you don't have a US/Canada UGPA. I had a 167 LSAT, which is not really ideal for T14, but I don't really have a reliable way of assessing how my GPA in France compares to GPAs in the US. So, I hoped someone would know if soft factors could matter in this particular case. I majored in law (not pre-law) in undergrad, I'll finish my Master's degree in Economic law (which is sufficient for French bar admissions) this May, and I clerked for a US state judge last summer. I have at least one very strong LOR from the judge I clerked for and two reasonably strong ones. Additionally, the law school I'm attending in France has some strong dual-degree partnerships with several of the T14. Does any of this help at all or is this all just wishful thinking?

Thanks!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Foreign-educated - Soft Factors

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:55 am

Of course it helps. Why are you not enrolled in the dual degree program which your school offers ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”