Help with New York Law School Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Andrewfromla818

New

Help with New York Law School

Post by Andrewfromla818 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:37 pm

What are your thoughts on NYLS. I live in LA and did not to well on the Lsat, I will take the feb test as well.

But i am interested in NYLS because i think i will get accepted and they have a good sports law program. I also believe being in the city, I will make alot of connections. I am very sociable and think i can make it work.

I am worried about hosing, If i would be able to find a cool roommate also about money, it will get expensive.

I WILL TAKE AND APPRICIATE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET.
Thank you

Versailles1919

New

Re: Help with New York Law School

Post by Versailles1919 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:41 pm

Will you be paying full tuition + housing?

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Andrewfromla818 wrote:What are your thoughts on NYLS. I live in LA and did not to well on the Lsat, I will take the feb test as well.

But i am interested in NYLS because i think i will get accepted and they have a good sports law program. I also believe being in the city, I will make alot of connections. I am very sociable and think i can make it work.

I am worried about hosing, If i would be able to find a cool roommate also about money, it will get expensive.

Thank you
Don't come to NYC for NYLS.

Their employment is 50% (on a good year) and it's expensive AF. However hard you think it will be to score higher on the LSAT and get into a school worth going to, multiply that by about 100. That's how much more challenging it is likely to be to secure a legal job from NYLS and pay off your debt.

There's TTTTs in SoCal that you're better off going to according to employment.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:11 pm

No.

Just... no. To all of this. No.

ETA: Can we just ban the OP already? The first time he asked about "party schools," I kind of believed he was just being dumb, but this is clearly trolling.

Andrewfromla818

New

Post by Andrewfromla818 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:47 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:No.

ETA: Can we just ban the OP already? The first time he asked about "party schools," I kind of believed he was just being dumb, but this is clearly trolling.
How is this trolling? Its a question. Stop being such a loser and commenting on my posts kid.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Andrewfromla818

New

Post by Andrewfromla818 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Versailles1919 wrote:Will you be paying full tuition + housing?
Probably, still waiting for apps and to hear back from the school

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Andrewfromla818 wrote:

How is this trolling? Its a question. Stop being such a loser and commenting on my posts kid.
You know damn well how it's trolling. Just stop.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm

NYLS exists to rake in the app fees on the people who mistake it for NYU and apply.

Andrewfromla818

New

Post by Andrewfromla818 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:48 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:NYLS exists to rake in the app fees on the people who mistake it for NYU and apply.
What does that mean?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Andrewfromla818

New

Post by Andrewfromla818 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:49 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Andrewfromla818 wrote:

You know damn well how it's trolling. Just stop.
shut up g

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:52 pm

Remember the last thread you had about becoming a sports or entertainment agent? That should tell you exactly why you shouldn’t even consider going to NYLS.

That’s all the help you need.

mdelacruz

New

Post by mdelacruz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:NYLS exists to rake in the app fees on the people who mistake it for NYU and apply.
Now I lol'd hard at this.

Versailles1919

New

Post by Versailles1919 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 pm

Andrewfromla818 wrote:What are your thoughts on NYLS. I live in LA and did not to well on the Lsat, I will take the feb test as well.

Thank you
Giving an objective opinion, I don't think it is worth it to travel across the country for a school that isn't nationally acclaimed. I also thinking paying full tuition + housing would only be a consideration for T20, and that's even hit or miss. That being said, I also don't know your economic position. If you are well off and you are just looking for a law degree then I don't see why not. Most importantly, this is YOUR law school decision. If you really feel that you should attend NYLS then you should do it. I also would not make your decision based off anonymous comments from people you don't know. Consult people who you know and respect in your life, and possibly even professors that might have additional opinions. Also, look at specific things about the school that you like other than location. Does it have programs you like? Does it have a large alumni network? Furthermore, I would take a visit to the school as well before you make such a large decision.

You can PM me if you have any questions because I live in NY and visit Manhattan frequently.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:58 pm

Versailles1919 wrote:Giving an objective opinion, I don't think it is worth it to travel across the country for a school that isn't nationally acclaimed. I also thinking paying full tuition + housing would only be a consideration for T20, and that's even hit or miss. That being said, I also don't know your economic position. If you are well off and you are just looking for a law degree then I don't see why not. Most importantly, this is YOUR law school decision. If you really feel that you should attend NYLS then you should do it. I also would not make your decision based off anonymous comments from people you don't know. Consult people who you know and respect in your life, and possibly even professors that might have additional opinions. Also, look at specific things about the school that you like other than location. Does it have programs you like? Does it have a large alumni network? Furthermore, I would take a visit to the school as well before you make such a large decision.

You can PM me if you have any questions because I live in NY and visit Manhattan frequently.
I wouldn't make my decision based off some guy telling me that if I'm well off I should just blow $300k on a worthless piece of paper. But kudos for taking the OP seriously.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:34 am

This is so damn accurate lol

But yeah, please don't go to NYLS

Versailles1919

New

Post by Versailles1919 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:04 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
Versailles1919 wrote:Giving an objective opinion, I don't think it is worth it to travel across the country for a school that isn't nationally acclaimed. I also thinking paying full tuition + housing would only be a consideration for T20, and that's even hit or miss. That being said, I also don't know your economic position. If you are well off and you are just looking for a law degree then I don't see why not. Most importantly, this is YOUR law school decision. If you really feel that you should attend NYLS then you should do it. I also would not make your decision based off anonymous comments from people you don't know. Consult people who you know and respect in your life, and possibly even professors that might have additional opinions. Also, look at specific things about the school that you like other than location. Does it have programs you like? Does it have a large alumni network? Furthermore, I would take a visit to the school as well before you make such a large decision.

I wouldn't make my decision based off some guy telling me that if I'm well off I should just blow $300k on a worthless piece of paper. But kudos for taking the OP seriously.
For some people, money is a large factor in their law school decision. I'm not sure if you're aware, but people with wealthy backgrounds or solid financial stability can generally take more risks. Not trying to justify the decision or insult his financial status. Also, I'm an anonymous comment. Based off of my own post, I wouldn't make the decision based off my commentary.

However, @Andrewfromla818 judging from your other threads, I don't think you're taking the process seriously asking questions about "party schools." And that's also why people aren't answering you seriously. Take some time to figure out if law school is for you. And if it is, retake the lsat. People genuinely care about law school admissions on this forum.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”