Update transcript with a 4.0 but easy courses? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
porzingis3

New

Update transcript with a 4.0 but easy courses?

Post by porzingis3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:40 pm

This semester I got a 4.0 but it's pretty obvious I took easy courses. Should I update my transcripts which would raise my gpa from for example 3.71 to 3.75? Trying to weigh the increase in GPA vs possible negative view of the easy courses I took this semester. Thoughts?

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Update transcript with a 4.0 but easy courses?

Post by Nebby » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:51 pm

porzingis3 wrote:This semester I got a 4.0 but it's pretty obvious I took easy courses. Should I update my transcripts which would raise my gpa from for example 3.71 to 3.75? Trying to weigh the increase in GPA vs possible negative view of the easy courses I took this semester. Thoughts?
Yes, update. In the eyes of law school admissions, a 4.0 is a 4.0. It does not matter what the courses were. Plus, there's no way for someone unfamiliar with the courses to know how easy or not any given course is.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 pm

100%

porzingis3

New

Post by porzingis3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:18 pm

Nebby wrote:
porzingis3 wrote:This semester I got a 4.0 but it's pretty obvious I took easy courses. Should I update my transcripts which would raise my gpa from for example 3.71 to 3.75? Trying to weigh the increase in GPA vs possible negative view of the easy courses I took this semester. Thoughts?
Yes, update. In the eyes of law school admissions, a 4.0 is a 4.0. It does not matter what the courses were. Plus, there's no way for someone unfamiliar with the courses to know how easy or not any given course is.

Okay I will update, thanks! FWIW I took three 100 level courses out of five classes so I thought just that on its face would imply easy.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:11 pm

porzingis3 wrote:
Nebby wrote:

Okay I will update, thanks! FWIW I took three 100 level courses out of five classes so I thought just that on its face would imply easy.
Even if it did, they don't care.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”