. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 am

Last edited by kiklavan on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

coskigirl

Bronze

Re: Community College

Post by coskigirl » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:13 am

Did you earn a degree from the CC? I attended a different school for my first year of UG and had a lower GPA there. I chose to list the school and dates attended but nothing else. They can see the GPA on the LSAC report.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:14 am

I think it's ok to limit your education section to your degree-granting institution, but it does make sense to include your community college if this was one of those deals where you did two years there and two years at the degree-granting school. You also aren't required to list GPAs on your resume.

That said, this is a non-issue for applications. They're already going to have your complete educational history and won't be relying on your resume for it.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Last edited by kiklavan on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Last edited by kiklavan on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:26 pm

kiklavan wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:I think it's ok to limit your education section to your degree-granting institution, but it does make sense to include your community college if this was one of those deals where you did two years there and two years at the degree-granting school. You also aren't required to list GPAs on your resume.

That said, this is a non-issue for applications. They're already going to have your complete educational history and won't be relying on your resume for it.
I know... I just obviously want to make my resume as appealing as possible and adding my CC seems to make it less so. I just want to be sure it’s not unethical for me to just list my degree granting school
Why would your CC make your CV less appealing?

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:28 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:I think it's ok to limit your education section to your degree-granting institution, but it does make sense to include your community college if this was one of those deals where you did two years there and two years at the degree-granting school. You also aren't required to list GPAs on your resume.

I know... I just obviously want to make my resume as appealing as possible and adding my CC seems to make it less so. I just want to be sure it’s not unethical for me to just list my degree granting school
Because my GPA is lower at my CC while it’s high at my degree granting school

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:33 pm

kiklavan wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
kiklavan wrote:

Because my GPA is lower at my CC while it’s high at my degree granting school
Welp, should have read further up the thread. Yeah it's gonna be a non-issue because they'll have your complete record. Also the fact that your grades have improved is going to be a positive as adcoms review your app. List the schools, don't mention GPA's; that seems to split the difference.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:31 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:You also aren't required to list GPAs on your resume.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm

fwiw I left my CC off my resume despite having gone for 2 years because I wanted more room for WE.

I don't think it matters.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”