Cornell with February LSAT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mjb77

New

Cornell with February LSAT

Post by mjb77 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:59 pm

I took the December exam and I just know I bombed it. However, my definite plans are to apply for this cycle. Do I have a good chance at getting into Cornell if I apply right after I get my February score back. I am a urm candidate, would that help when concerning who to choose for their remaining seats? Also, will I still have a chance at receiving money applying that late in the game. Just as well, if I apply to Cornell and get waitlisted or rejected due to lack of space, does that look bad as I would be planing to reapply the next cycle? Basically I'm just going to apply this cycle and see what happens. But if it doesn't work out in my favor would reapplying look bad?

icechicken

Bronze

Re: Cornell with February LSAT

Post by icechicken » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:15 pm

mjb77 wrote:Do I have a good chance at getting into Cornell if I apply right after I get my February score back. I am a urm candidate, would that help when concerning who to choose for their remaining seats?
Their website says February applicants are at a disadvantage because only so many seats will be left; that said, a URM with a good score is precisely the sort of applicant they want to save those spots for.
Also, will I still have a chance at receiving money applying that late in the game.
You definitely still have a chance at scholarships and might not even be at much of a disadvantage. Scholarship negotiation continues into the summer and Cornell has a lot of money to throw around.
Just as well, if I apply to Cornell and get waitlisted or rejected due to lack of space, does that look bad as I would be planing to reapply the next cycle? Basically I'm just going to apply this cycle and see what happens. But if it doesn't work out in my favor would reapplying look bad?
If you get rejected because they ran out of space and can't take you anymore, then of course they'd be happy to see your application again next cycle. If you get rejected for some other reason, who knows, but your chances won't get worse just because you applied twice.

mjb77

New

Re: Cornell with February LSAT

Post by mjb77 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 am

Wow, thank you a lot. This was very helpful.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”