International Transcripts Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ireland2017

New

International Transcripts

Post by Ireland2017 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi Guys!

Got my Masters Degree abroad. Had them send a transcript to LSAC, but since it is a foreign school, they have different offices for graduation (conferral) and transcripts.

Had the school send a letter to LSAC confirming I've graduated, on stationary, but they then refused to accept because there was no seal stamped on the envelope.

I'm missing deadlines even though I am doing the best I can.

Anyone else having this same issue? Any ideas for what the criteria are so I can make sure the school meets them? Since I can't see or touch these things since they're sent directly by the school, and LSAC is comparing them to a list of items that I can't reference, it seems to be out of my control.

Thanks!

Lil_Poundcake

New

Re: International Transcripts

Post by Lil_Poundcake » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:29 pm

I’ve been in the exact same situation. It was a bureaucratic nightmare with the international institution and with LSAC. Happy to talk more through PM about what’s going on and what my experience was. The worst part was getting different answers from LSAC when I called at different times.

Piggy11

New

Re: International Transcripts

Post by Piggy11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:51 pm

My (foreign) undergraduate institution made copies of my diploma and transcripts (they only issue one "original", at graduation), verified them against their records, applied the official seal and signature on the copies, put them in an envelope with the LSAC form and signed and sealed across the envelope and mailed it to LSAC. They also prepared translations of all the documents with the University seal and signature and placed them in the same envelope, but it seems like your degree was in English, so that won't be necessary.

I had to fly to Europe to give them the originals in person, but they took care of all the copies, translations and certifications and sent them to LSAC. I picked up my originals about a week later and came back to the States. It was probably one of the most stressful parts of the application process, but it all worked out.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”