Actual GPA vs. LSAC GPA Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BoilerByBirth

New

Actual GPA vs. LSAC GPA

Post by BoilerByBirth » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Hey guys I have a general question! Regarding admissions statistics that schools put out about GPA - are the numbers they cite raw school GPA or are they the "adjusted" GPA that LSAC calculates in its academic summary report? Not a huge deal, but my raw GPA is a 3.56 while the LSAC one is a 3.62 so when looking at admissions statistics I'd like to know which one I should be using to compare myself. Thanks!

cavalier1138

Re: Actual GPA vs. LSAC GPA

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:23 pm

LSAC GPA is the only one that counts.

sophcap

New

Post by sophcap » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 am

This may be the worst question asked of all time - but how do you find the LSAC GPA? I can’t seem to find any “weighted” one anywhere on my LSAC account. Thanks!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 am

sophcap wrote:This may be the worst question asked of all time - but how do you find the LSAC GPA? I can’t seem to find any “weighted” one anywhere on my LSAC account. Thanks!
Have you submitted all your transcripts and generated an LSAC Academic Report?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 am

sophcap wrote:This may be the worst question asked of all time - but how do you find the LSAC GPA? I can’t seem to find any “weighted” one anywhere on my LSAC account. Thanks!
if you've submitted all of your transcripts and they have been processed then go to credentials --> transcripts and look for your academic summary report. it should be at the bottom and it's your cum. GPA

sophcap

New

Post by sophcap » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:53 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
Have you submitted all your transcripts and generated an LSAC Academic Report?
yup!
Mikey wrote:
if you've submitted all of your transcripts and they have been processed then go to credentials --> transcripts and look for your academic summary report. it should be at the bottom and it's your cum. GPA
got it, thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”