Top regional schools Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MrLions

New

Top regional schools

Post by MrLions » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:23 pm

3.6, 163. Looking for best debt/employment ratio. Want to build a career in "midlaw" or regional "biglaw," defined more by income rather than by size (70-100k starting, $500k+ PPP). No geographic preference. Which schools (by region) should I be applying to?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Top regional schools

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Where do you have ties?

MrLions

New

Post by MrLions » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:58 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Where do you have ties?
New England

MichiganHoosier

New

Post by MichiganHoosier » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:18 pm

MrLions wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Where do you have ties?
New England
I'd say your best bet is Boston College. They are well regarded in Boston and in the northeast region (New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Vermont). People with your numbers get some scholarship money, but by no means will it be close to free.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:49 pm

In addition to what's been said above, you should be aware that these jobs
MrLions wrote:"midlaw" or regional "biglaw," defined more by income rather than by size (70-100k starting, $500k+ PPP)
are among the hardest to get, because there are so few positions. There really isn't a school in the country where you can bank on getting that kind of work after graduation.

Edit: Also, stop trying to match your career aspirations to your LSAT just because you don't want to hear retake advice. Your other threads have clearly laid out very different career goals.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MichiganHoosier

New

Post by MichiganHoosier » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:32 pm

cavalier1138 wrote: Edit: Also, stop trying to match your career aspirations to your LSAT just because you don't want to hear retake advice. Your other threads have clearly laid out very different career goals.
Seriously, your posts have been all over the place. Just retake for a few points higher. It's ridiculous that in one of your posts you were considering running for a political/student government seat for a bump in admissions. I can assure you that improving from an already fairly strong 163 will be much easier. Quit being lazy and trying to find a shortcut, just go balls to the wall and study.

slurp

New

Post by slurp » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:21 pm

UT, Vandy, USC/UCLA, BC/BU, WUSTL, Fordham

You pretty much have no chance at admission to most of these and definitely very little scholarship award if you were to get it.

Retake homie, no rush

pussypoppins

New

Post by pussypoppins » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:04 pm

slurp wrote:UT, Vandy, USC/UCLA, BC/BU, WUSTL, Fordham

You pretty much have no chance at admission to most of these and definitely very little scholarship award if you were to get it.

Retake homie, no rush
He has a decent chance at BC/BU and Fordham, but not so much for the rest.

whodareswins

Bronze

Post by whodareswins » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:58 am

pussypoppins wrote:

Retake homie, no rush
I wouldn't say his chances are that great at the Boston schools. BC dinged me last cycle with a 3.88/166. Granted, I did apply in January, but still.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hamshotfirst

New

Post by hamshotfirst » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:53 am

whodareswins wrote:
pussypoppins wrote:

Retake homie, no rush
I wouldn't say his chances are that great at the Boston schools. BC dinged me last cycle with a 3.88/166. Granted, I did apply in January, but still.
Did they ding you or did they WL you? I know they were pretty YP-happy last cycle.

Only asking because I'm currently waiting on hearing back from BC and as a splitter this makes me a bit nervous haha

whodareswins

Bronze

Post by whodareswins » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:39 am

hamshotfirst wrote:
whodareswins wrote:
pussypoppins wrote:

Retake homie, no rush
Did they ding you or did they WL you? I know they were pretty YP-happy last cycle.

Only asking because I'm currently waiting on hearing back from BC and as a splitter this makes me a bit nervous haha
Disregard! I checked my email and somehow I didn't apply until 3/15. I also got waitlisted, which isn't surprising now that I realize just how late I applied. I'm sure you'll be fine! Best of luck.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”