Withdrawal and law school Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Lmirren

New

Withdrawal and law school

Post by Lmirren » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:36 pm

I've been a pretty decent student in my academic career. I have a 3.55 GPA with many difficult languages classes under my belt. I also have great work and internship experience. If I came down with mono and had to withdraw for an entire semester for physical and financial reasons, have I destroyed my chances of getting into law school? (Note: there is no distinction at my school between WP and WF)

jacketyellow

Bronze

Re: Withdrawal and law school

Post by jacketyellow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Lmirren wrote:I've been a pretty decent student in my academic career. I have a 3.55 GPA with many difficult languages classes under my belt. I also have great work and internship experience. If I came down with mono and had to withdraw for an entire semester for physical and financial reasons, have I destroyed my chances of getting into law school? (Note: there is no distinction at my school between WP and WF)
I don't think so? Unless your school gives all F's for withdrawals, it shouldn't hurt your application. I would probably explain it in an addendum though, just so the admissions committee doesn't think you got kicked out for academic dishonesty or some other severe breaking of a rule.

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Withdrawal and law school

Post by Rigo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:03 pm

If they're non-punitive W's then you're fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”