Wrong school name in fee waiver request / Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
YANGQI77

New

Wrong school name in fee waiver request /

Post by YANGQI77 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:28 pm

So I was writing a letter to Cornell for fee-waiver based on my previous email to Duke.

Before revising the whole thing, I sent the email by accident. It basically looks like this:

"Dear Cornell Admission Officer:

I am a prospective student for your JD Program.

Duke has a reputation for its intimate atmosphere and emphasis on teaching. I'm very impressed by Duke's "open door policy" that allow students access to professors after each class. Furthermore, Duke's philosophy, .............. "

I couldn't retrieve the email, so i send another email to Cornell apologizing for the mistake..

Feel so horrible right now. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Will this have an huge impact on my chances at cornell?

I provided my LSAC number, but I haven't start my application yet.

Thanks a lot!!

virginia_direwoolf

Bronze

Re: Wrong school name in fee waiver request /

Post by virginia_direwoolf » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:23 pm

YANGQI77 wrote:So I was writing a letter to Cornell for fee-waiver based on my previous email to Duke.

Before revising the whole thing, I sent the email by accident. It basically looks like this:

Duke has a reputation for its intimate atmosphere and emphasis on teaching. I'm very impressed by Duke's "open door policy" that allow students access to professors after each class. Furthermore, Duke's philosophy, .............. "

I couldn't retrieve the email, so i send another email to Cornell apologizing for the mistake..

Thanks a lot!!

For the record, I kinda made a similar mistake when requesting a fee waiver from Georgetown (addressed it to UVA), but I didn't go into detail in my email (just a quick "here are my stats please give me a fee waiver"). I realized after the fact, didn't send a follow-up, figured they would realize it was an honest mistake (if they even noticed) and they still gave me a waiver. Stop stressing.

YANGQI77

New

Re: Wrong school name in fee waiver request /

Post by YANGQI77 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:08 pm

virginia_direwoolf wrote:
YANGQI77 wrote:So I was writing a letter to Cornell for fee-waiver based on my previous email to Duke.

Thanks a lot!!

For the record, I kinda made a similar mistake when requesting a fee waiver from Georgetown (addressed it to UVA), but I didn't go into detail in my email (just a quick "here are my stats please give me a fee waiver"). I realized after the fact, didn't send a follow-up, figured they would realize it was an honest mistake (if they even noticed) and they still gave me a waiver. Stop stressing.
My mistakes are too obvious. They replied saying that I sent the wrong email and was nicely enough to included fee waiver information for me. Looks like they don't give out fee waivers to email requests.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”