How long do fee waivers last?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fishfood

New

How long do fee waivers last?

Postby fishfood » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 pm

I keep getting fee waivers but I'm not applying until next year. They dont by chance stay on LSAC? Or do I have to ask them for fee waivers next year?

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: How long do fee waivers last?

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:49 pm

You'll have to request them next cycle. They're only automated once.

chrysippusofsoli

New

Postby chrysippusofsoli » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 pm

fishfood wrote:I keep getting fee waivers but I'm not applying until next year. They dont by chance stay on LSAC? Or do I have to ask them for fee waivers next year?

You could try un-registering for CRS and then re-registering at the start of next cycle. I got a UVA waiver and Duke waiver for last cycle after taking the Feb LSAT, and they sent me new ones for this cycle after I re-registered at the end of the summer.

fishfood

New

Postby fishfood » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:15 pm

chrysippusofsoli wrote:
fishfood wrote:I keep getting fee waivers but I'm not applying until next year. They dont by chance stay on LSAC? Or do I have to ask them for fee waivers next year?

You could try un-registering for CRS and then re-registering at the start of next cycle. I got a UVA waiver and Duke waiver for last cycle after taking the Feb LSAT, and they sent me new ones for this cycle after I re-registered at the end of the summer.

You didn't have to pay for anything when you re-registered, right?

chrysippusofsoli

New

Postby chrysippusofsoli » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 pm

fishfood wrote:
chrysippusofsoli wrote:

You didn't have to pay for anything when you re-registered, right?

Nope, the re-registering didn't cost anything - just a matter of unchecking the box, save, rechecking the box, save again.

Delano

New

Postby Delano » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:25 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:You'll have to request them next cycle. They're only automated once.

This is 100% wrong. Every fee waiver I received last cycle I've gotten again this cycle, with no un-registration and re-registration.

Also, I've heard that fee waivers can (at least sometimes) be used for subsequent cycles. Can't verify this through personal experience though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�