How long do fee waivers last? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fishfood

New

How long do fee waivers last?

Post by fishfood » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 pm

I keep getting fee waivers but I'm not applying until next year. They dont by chance stay on LSAC? Or do I have to ask them for fee waivers next year?

cavalier1138

Re: How long do fee waivers last?

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:49 pm

You'll have to request them next cycle. They're only automated once.

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 pm

fishfood wrote:I keep getting fee waivers but I'm not applying until next year. They dont by chance stay on LSAC? Or do I have to ask them for fee waivers next year?
You could try un-registering for CRS and then re-registering at the start of next cycle. I got a UVA waiver and Duke waiver for last cycle after taking the Feb LSAT, and they sent me new ones for this cycle after I re-registered at the end of the summer.

fishfood

New

Post by fishfood » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:15 pm

chrysippusofsoli wrote:
fishfood wrote:I keep getting fee waivers but I'm not applying until next year. They dont by chance stay on LSAC? Or do I have to ask them for fee waivers next year?
You could try un-registering for CRS and then re-registering at the start of next cycle. I got a UVA waiver and Duke waiver for last cycle after taking the Feb LSAT, and they sent me new ones for this cycle after I re-registered at the end of the summer.
You didn't have to pay for anything when you re-registered, right?

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 pm

fishfood wrote:
chrysippusofsoli wrote:
You didn't have to pay for anything when you re-registered, right?
Nope, the re-registering didn't cost anything - just a matter of unchecking the box, save, rechecking the box, save again.

Delano

New

Post by Delano » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:25 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:You'll have to request them next cycle. They're only automated once.
This is 100% wrong. Every fee waiver I received last cycle I've gotten again this cycle, with no un-registration and re-registration.

Also, I've heard that fee waivers can (at least sometimes) be used for subsequent cycles. Can't verify this through personal experience though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”