Another Addendum Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jellyjar

New

Another Addendum Question

Post by jellyjar » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:46 pm

First time poster, long time lurker.

So I had a 7 point increase on my LSAT because I studied more blah blah blah. I feel like people on here would say I don't need an addendum, but at info sessions at both NYU and Penn, they said that an addendum would likely be appropriate for 4+ point increase. So I don't know. Like if my reason is literally that I studied more, what's the point? But I don't want to leave anything up to interpretation for AdComms either.

So where to people come down on this? Would an addendum just in case be detrimental or make me look dumb? Lol srry 4 the paranoia!

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Another Addendum Question

Post by rpupkin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:29 pm

jellyjar wrote:First time poster, long time lurker.

So I had a 7 point increase on my LSAT because I studied more blah blah blah. I feel like people on here would say I don't need an addendum, but at info sessions at both NYU and Penn, they said that an addendum would likely be appropriate for 4+ point increase. So I don't know. Like if my reason is literally that I studied more, what's the point?
There would be no point. But if you want to take the NYU and Penn adcomms literally, then go ahead and write an addendum saying you studied more and got a higher score the second time. This will have no impact--in either direction--on your chances of admission at NYU, Penn, or anywhere else.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”